I paid for an item thru PayPal that had "Buyer Protection" only to find out I'm not protected.

therock4193
New Community Member

I purchased an Iphone 4 thru Ebay using the buy it now option.  The auction was listed with "buyer protection" when purchased using paypal, which is exactly what I did.  Well, the scumbag never shipped it.  I contacted the seller and Ebay and he eventually logged into paypal to issue a refund.  Only problem is he closed his bank account first, so when PayPal initiated the refund, it was refused by the guys bank for non-sufficient funds.  PayPal waited an additional 3 days and tried the refund again, which was again refused by the sellers bank.  So yesterday I get a dear John letter from PayPal saying sorry your refund was rejected, please contact the seller.  Seriously, like I havent done that already?  The guy has closed his checking account and will not respond to any emails thru ebay or at his direct email address.  Can someone explain to me how that is "buyer protection".  Ok, my vent is over.  Everyone have a great day.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You need to call Paypal and tell them they need to refund you unter their Buyer Protection Plan.

You are notthe first this has happened to.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

DID you file a paypal dispute and escalate it to a Paypal claim.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.