I'm trying to submit additional files for my dispute, but I can't figure out how!

JIryn
Contributor
Contributor

(I didn't know what topic to put this under, so either eBay or Protections)

A week ago a person I sold an item to in June on eBay claims they never made the purchase from me, it was someone else using their account.

I had sold them a Code Card for Forza Horizon 2, so that the winner would get a downloadable copy of the game.

Paypal immediately deducted $40 from my account for his purchase, putting me in the negative until I put money back in.

I then sent all the comminication and contact I had with the buyer, including proof he received the item to the dispute. I then contacted Microsoft to find out if the item had been used, and began to gather further information.

I had found out the item had been used on July 2nd, 2016.. a mere 3 days after I had sent the code on June 29th. However when I went to submit this new evidence, along with the conversation log with Microsoft, and redemption site proof... I was inform the case was closed and could no longer submit information. The case was escalated to Fraud however.

So I emailed the files to Paypal and forwarded the Microsoft log. The log was accepted, but the files were not, I was immediately informed via message center they cannot accept files via email..

This was their reply

If you do not have an open case requiring additional documentation you can upload your documents by following the below steps:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click Contact Us.
  3. Click Send us a question by email.
  4. Select My Account under "choose a topic."
  5. Select Name Change under "choose a subtopic."
  6. Select the type of change you would like to make and click Continue.
  7. Click Upload Files.
  8. Click Browse.
  9. Select the file you want to attach.
  10. Click Open.
  11. Give the file a recognizable name and use no more than 3 numbers. You may provide a description of the file, up to 100 characters.
  12. Click Attach this File. Information about your file appears under the Attachments box.
  13. Repeat as many times as required, up to a total file size of 5000kb.
  14. Click Send Files to PayPal to submit them for review.

Have a question? Send it through our secure email. Here’s how to send us a question:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Contact Us near the bottom of the page.
  3. Click Send us under Email Us.
  4. Follow the instructions to send us your question.

Sadly, none of these steps work because, unless I am missing something, none of these options exist anymore.

Contact us is now "Help and Contact"

There is no "Send us a question by email" anymore, there is only Message Center

and following the steps in Message Center, there is no place to submit the files unless there is another Topic or Subtopic.

I even went back through the dispute Topic and found no place to submit these additional files

I originally submitted 9 files and want to submit these 6 more.. anything to further help the dispute in my favor so that I can get the $40 back.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome!

Than you!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

virtual and digital items sold get no seller protection as there is no online trackable number to show it has been delivered.

In your case,it is not so much if it has been delivered,it is a fraudulent use of the account,the owner is saying it is not me who bought the item .

Login to Me Too

JIryn
Contributor
Contributor

Oh yes, I know.

However the item was a physical card, not just a digital code

http://imgur.com/a/HMvth

You do have a point, the account owner asked me to just send him the code via email which I did.

The same email which the dispute was under.

However, that is not the point of this thread, the discussion is how to I send the additional evidence in my favor?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if the case has been escalated to get Paypal involved,you can no longer add more comments or upload more files.

wait for Paypal to reach a decision,if you lose,you may appeal and show them more files  

Login to Me Too

JIryn
Contributor
Contributor

That's why I commented here.

They people at the message center already said I could add more files, but the process by which they told me how no longer exists (I copy and pasted how they said to do it in the original post)

So, I was just wondering if there was a work around

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

once the case is escalated to Paypal review,they dont want any more information so they can do a fair review based one what both sides have submitted. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if it were a credit card transaction,they can always go to their cc issuer and file a chargeback,then you will pay a $20 chargeback fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.