Error Code #10486

chevalier
New Community Member

I would like to know what is going on, I am trying to pay for an item and it comes with the message that they were not able to process my payment. Error Code #10486

I tried to contact paypal but I haven´t received any answer so far, I have bought on Ebay for 2 years and never had any trouble. My creditcard has credit (I have just checked and I am not even close to my limit).

I hope someone could give me an answer, the seller is waiting for his money

Login to Me Too
97 REPLIES 97

vip220765
Contributor
Contributor

The reason for my Error Code #10486 was my Visa card monthly limit was been exceeded..
Solution, add another card!
Hope this information may be of some help for some one

Login to Me Too

chocodragonfly
Contributor
Contributor

@vip220765 wrote:

The reason for my Error Code #10486 was my Visa card monthly limit was been exceeded..
Solution, add another card!
Hope this information may be of some help for some one

Hi vip220765, could you be more specific? How did you know your Visa card monthly limit was been exceeded and had something to do with this error code?

Thanks for your reply. 

Login to Me Too

gilbert8695
New Community Member

I would like to know what is going on, I am trying to pay for an item and it comes with the message that they were not able to process my payment. Error Code #10486

I tried to contact paypal but I haven´t received any answer so far, I have bought on Ebay for 2 years and never had any trouble. My creditcard has credit (I have just checked and I am not even close to my limit).

I hope someone could give me an answer, the seller is waiting for his money

Login to Me Too

gaty_gi
Contributor
Contributor

I´m having the same error, I try like 5 times to pay an item from ebay, and I´m getting the same error #10468.

Common we need a fast solution!

Login to Me Too

kapitan_vic
Contributor
Contributor

have you tried to clear cookies of your browser?

Login to Me Too

kdta_123

After purchasing a large amount of stuff from ebay (close to 20 things, and then I payed for them), it had stated that one of my purchases was unsuccessful, and then after trying to pay for it again, it gave me the Error Code #10486 (or the 10486 error). 

So I tried to pay without using my paypal account (remember- delete the card off your paypal account first - you can enter it back on there later, change your adress to street, instead of st. (or other way around) so the system cant recognize or detect that you already have a paypal account, because even if you push 'use guest account' after being detected, its still going to make you pay with paypal for some reason. Also make sure you change the email at the bottom of the page. If you get passed that, it is either going to work or bring up a message saying something about 'that you already sent a payment' and that the system does not want you to send another payment, so it is kind of stuck in a phase.

Causes:

Buying a lot of stuff and not confirming with Paypal first (limited to Some Transactions)

Your Credit Card / Mastercard could of got declined by your bank or credit issuer because you had a temperary card.

Ex. Say you got like a walmartmoneycard or some other kind of temperary visa card from a store, and then they send the real card in the mail, on the temperary card you have now, the card could of got deactivated for buying to much (this did not happen to me because after this incident on ebay-paypal, I went on amazon and brought something, and that went through)

Maybe you using a older credit card or something like that

Solutions -

Wait, (usually works, like a day or two later) / go back later and try your payment again

Confirm with Paypal (you bank accounts or paypal mastercard)

Wait till your new card comes

You can try to delete History, cache, etc. 

Try using a different browser or restart your computer

Try using a different credit card / get a new credit card

Try paying with Bill me later (thats if you have good credit)

Here is a list of errors, but I did not see this one on the list - 

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_nvp_errorcod...

Others: keep looking on google if none of these answers solved your problem.

Login to Me Too

tiki2beach

I am receiving the same error code # 10486.  I tried to pay for something this morning then waited a few hours and still can't process a payment.  What's going on?

Login to Me Too

karancsi
Contributor
Contributor

come on paypal....Seller is get angry, i cant pay the item......

We were not able to process your payment.
  • Please check out again and try a different credit card or bank account for your PayPal payment.
  • If you're still having problems, contact PayPal customer support.
Login to Me Too

SavannahSong
New Community Member

What's MOST impressive is that Paypal couldn't care less about this error code and the fact we cannot buy ANYTHING at eBay.

Login to Me Too

Miaowzilla
New Community Member

Urgh. . .me too. . .
The thing is that I tried to buy from this seller before and had to cancel the order and lately I've been messaging her a lot to ask questions about the products i wanted to buy. God, i'm probably not going to be able to buy in her shop again if I can't make this work.

At first I thought it was because I didn't have enough money in my account but I have just enough, so why isn't it processing?

Cat Sad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.