Error Code #10486

chevalier
New Community Member

I would like to know what is going on, I am trying to pay for an item and it comes with the message that they were not able to process my payment. Error Code #10486

I tried to contact paypal but I haven´t received any answer so far, I have bought on Ebay for 2 years and never had any trouble. My creditcard has credit (I have just checked and I am not even close to my limit).

I hope someone could give me an answer, the seller is waiting for his money

Login to Me Too
97 REPLIES 97

so i spoke to my bank today and they told me that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my card, and whatever the problem is has to do with the transaction machines they are using for paypal, so paypal needs to get their stuff straight!

Login to Me Too

midnight_rider
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, my bank said the same thing. I fixed the problem by doing what someone else here suggested. When checking out, I unchecked the marked box for payment method atm/debit and checked the box use the visa network. My order was paid for easily after that. Now why couldn't Paypal just suggest that?

Login to Me Too

GamePat
New Community Member

I just used that guest option with paypal to pay for an item on ebay and it worked! 

Although first it didn't, because I made a mastercard in my internet bank (I have a maestro, but my bank has an option to  generate a valid mastercard which is applied to my account and works in the same manner as my maestro) but with a very high limit. Then I made a new one with much lower limit and it came through 🙂

Login to Me Too

girlsuita

I was having the same problem. From this community, I found out that paypal payments that have "credit card/debit" selected do not go through, resulting in error #10486; I didn't even have any option other than "credit card/debit," so I tried to check out as a Paypal guest, and I was prompted to type in my card details- VOILA! It worked. Why don't y'all try this too? Cat Very Happy

Login to Me Too

ivikna
Contributor
Contributor

Jsem z České Republiky - Evropa.  Mám stejný problém jako vy. Zkusim počkat do zítra a pak zřejmě budu muset požádat prodejce o zrušení. Nechápu to.

I am from the Czech Republic - Europe. I have the same problem as you. I'll try to wait until tomorrow and then I'll probably have to ask the seller to cancel. I do not get it. .... sorry for the bad English

Login to Me Too

ivikna
Contributor
Contributor

hanks for your email. To help you as quickly as possible, here is some information we feel will most likely suit your needs.

A. Why couldn’t I complete my payment?
B. Where is the refund I received?

If these do not help you, please reply to this email with as much information as possible and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as we can.

Yours Sincerely,
PayPal

A. Why couldn’t I complete my payment?

Often when you receive an error message saying your payment could not be complete it is because your card issuer has denied the payment.

The only information that we receive is that your card provider has declined the use of this card with PayPal.

Here are some common reasons why a card issuer would decline a payment:

There could be a limit on your credit card that has been exceeded.
It's possible that the card issuer could be temporarily unavailable to answer the authorisation request we sent.
Your credit card company could be blocking this transaction for security reasons as it doesn't fit your regular spending patterns.

I'd encourage you to contact your credit card issuer and speak to someone who deals with online transactions to find out why this payment was denied. The general customer service at your bank may not be able to provide specific information on why a transaction was denied. You will need to contact the department in charge of online payments to obtain this information.

You may be able to complete this payment after you have spoken to your card issuer and resolved the issue. Alternatively you can add another credit card to your PayPal account.

B. Where is the refund I received?

Money is refunded according to the funding source you used to complete your original payment. If you completed this payment with your card this would been refunded to your card. If you paid part of the amount with your PayPal balance, that part will be returned to your PayPal balance.

PayPal makes every effort to ensure that refunds to cards are processed in a timely manner. Most refunds will appear on your card account within 2-5 business days. Depending on how often your card issuer issues you a statement, it may take up to 30 days for you to see the refund reflected on your card balance. I recommend that you contact your card issuer after these 30 days to confirm that you have received your refund.

Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Login to Me Too

scooter6139
New Community Member

Paypal is most likely the problem for this error code, or at least in my case.  I spoke to Discover and they stated no requests have come from Paypal for authorization.  I used this card a month ago on eBay with no issues.  (Plenty of $$$)  Used the same card on Amazon and another retailer and worked perfectly.  Called Paypal and they just blame Discover while Discover blames Paypal.  I beleive Discover and NOT Paypal.  (The Discover rep told me they have been recieving complaints concerning Paypal authorizations not coming through)

I escalated my call to a supervisor who adamantly denied any Paypal error but he couldn't explain why it works for two other sites.  Genius.Robot Frustrated

Login to Me Too

shakeyjake135
Contributor
Contributor

I had this problem with my mobile device all day but was able to make the payment from my home computer tonight.

Login to Me Too

punkalooy
New Community Member

I got the same error code several times, and then it gave me the option to update my ebay account info. I had just replaced my debit card the other day and re-entered the card info. It also had me update(or add) the phone number on my ebay account in order for the transaction to go through and I think that's what the problem was.Just update your ebay info in the "Edit" tab.  After that, the payment went through.

Login to Me Too

mandresen

Just made a PayPal account so I could purchase a few items on Ebay. I am finding the same problem.  My account is free to use my cc and there is no problem from my cc company. Please help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.