Ebay Purchase problem

Slite
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys, I have kind of a situation and I do apologise if this is the wrong section for the Topic, still a newbie. 🙂
So there I was on ebay trying to find That item that i wanted and bam, found it, won the auction and payed via Pay pal.

I added the guy that was selling to my skype, he had pretty good previews, so i was confident that it would go ok.

Thing is since yesterday around 15:00 (GTM), according to the guy, my payment was "under Preview", I thought that it was odd because I've made counteless purchases using Paypal and no such thing had ever been said to me. He told me that it would take up to 24 Hours, so I chilled and waited. The follwoing day, today, I asked him again and it was STILL under preview, we both found it odd so he decided to contact paypal, and he had told me that even though they hadn't given him the exact amount of time it would be today.

Starting to be suspecious I went to MY paypal account and the status of my payment was "completed", So I was said "What the..." and then i asked him how he'd explain that. He printed something like this " 

Sep 2013 Under ReviewUnder Review
Under Review
Payment From (name) Under Review Details Payment From (name) *************** Issue refund £***.** GBP" 
So, I'm really confused about all these, what can you guys tell me about this? Think he's lying and trying to scam, or is it really just taking longer than usual?
Thanks in advance for you responces! 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

When a payment is under payment review, the seller is instructed to delay shipping until the payment review is done and the payment is cleared... this generally takes no more than 24 hours, but sometimes it takes longer.

The buyer is not notified that his payment is being reviewed.

Here's the applicable text from PayPal's User Agreement...

4.3 Payment Review.  Payment Review is a process by which PayPal reviews certain potentially high-risk transactions. If a payment is subject to Payment Review, PayPal will place a hold on the payment and provide notice to the Seller to delay shipping of the item. PayPal will conduct a review and either clear or cancel the payment. If the payment is cleared, PayPal will provide notice to the Seller to ship the item. Otherwise, PayPal will cancel the payment and the funds will be returned to the buyer. All payments that clear Payment Review will be eligible for PayPal Seller protection coverage if they meet the PayPal Seller protection requirements. PayPal will provide notices to you by email and in the History subtab of your Account.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US#4

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

When a payment is under payment review, the seller is instructed to delay shipping until the payment review is done and the payment is cleared... this generally takes no more than 24 hours, but sometimes it takes longer.

The buyer is not notified that his payment is being reviewed.

Here's the applicable text from PayPal's User Agreement...

4.3 Payment Review.  Payment Review is a process by which PayPal reviews certain potentially high-risk transactions. If a payment is subject to Payment Review, PayPal will place a hold on the payment and provide notice to the Seller to delay shipping of the item. PayPal will conduct a review and either clear or cancel the payment. If the payment is cleared, PayPal will provide notice to the Seller to ship the item. Otherwise, PayPal will cancel the payment and the funds will be returned to the buyer. All payments that clear Payment Review will be eligible for PayPal Seller protection coverage if they meet the PayPal Seller protection requirements. PayPal will provide notices to you by email and in the History subtab of your Account.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US#4

Login to Me Too

Slite
Contributor
Contributor

Slite
Contributor
Contributor

"The buyer is not notified that his payment is being reviewed." -> that sure did take the weight of my back.
Thanks for your answer, this as been solutioned.  Been up for more than 32 Hours apparently, hope it figures itself out. Once again, thanks. :3

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.