EBAY REQUEST CLOSED-PAYPAL STILL HAS HOLD ON MY MONEY

bethw2004
Contributor
Contributor

I had some ebay requests opened by customers. I know paypal puts the entire transaction amount on hold even if it's one part of the transaction the person says they didn't get.  (for example, I forgot to include a sports card in the order so instead of paypal putting a hold on just that card, it's the whole transaction.) However, the money is still on hold even after the transactions are closed. One request was closed about 5 minutes after it was opened yesterday.  Does anyone know how long until my money is released? according to what i found on paypal's site, it's supposed to be as soon as the transaction is resolved. these have been resolved for more than 24 hours. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Latifa_aeh,

Thank you for reaching out here in the PayPal Community!

We'd be happy to take a look at your account to see what exactly happened if you contact us directly on Twitter or Facebook, or you can log into your PayPal account and select the Contact link at the bottom of the page.

-Misty

Login to Me Too

annamae009

I had this issue..the buyer already closed the case since Oct 6 and still paypal held my money as we speak. I spoke with a representative last night and told me that there was a technical issue ebay has been experiencing so on the paypal side the case is still open. He told me the money should be back with in 24 to 48 hours....so we will see about that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.