Did NOT buy!!!!!

Americanartgirl
Contributor
Contributor
I just got an email from Ebay congratulating me on my purchase. I did not purchase the item. Contacted the seller to let know I did NOT make a "BUY NOW" purchase. I hope the seller will contact me to resolve the issue immediately so that no money is paid from my pay pal account. Has anyone had this situation? This item is $200 and I can not afford to have it tied up for days if I have to file a dispute! Hope someone here can offer some advice. I can't be the first person that this has happened to. I also don't like the fact that it happened in the first place! How did it happen anyway????
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Did you actually log into you ebay account and see the purchase.....or did you just click on a link in the e-mail..

Login to Me Too

Americanartgirl
Contributor
Contributor
I clinked on the link in my email.
Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Americanartgirl wrote:
I clinked on the link in my email.

Oh boy Smiley Embarassed

What you ned to do is log into your ebay account from a different computer and see if you actually "won"  those auctions.

You could have been sent a scam e-mail and now have a key logger trojan on your computer. 

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ok I checked you Ebay history and you did purchase a Cobolt blue water cooler.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Who els has access to your ebay account.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Looks like yu need to pay up.  You are responsible for your ebay account.  If you want out of it contact the seller and see if you can just pay his ebay listing and FVF for the item, and then he can just list it...... But of course he can say NO and you will have to pay n full.

Login to Me Too

Americanartgirl
Contributor
Contributor
The seller replied to my request and alerted eBay to cancel the sell. Glad she is a good person and she was quick to resolve the issue. Thanks everyone for you're replies. Still wished I knew how this transaction happened. The only way I'm linked to the listing is I was "watching it". No one has access to my account. But I did get a new password.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.