Concerned about money being returned to buyer.

BethFB
New Community Member

I sold 8 tshirts on eBay on July 24, he paid immediately. I shipped him the shirts the following Wednesday. He received the shirts in his country about three days ago. He is claiming that one of the two shirts that I sent to him is not the same as in the auction, which it is the same shirts, just done in different styles.
I'm worried that he would try to do a chargeback and get his money back and end up keeping all 8 shirts on a sale that is a No returns accepted sale. I have already removed the money from PayPal and my bank as I am using the funds for a trip.
Can he get his money back or not since it is a completed sale and he is not asking for a refund or a return as of yet, I believe he's arguing about the two shirts being different and yet in the photos on the auction they show that they are clearly different shirts but about the same thing?
The URL of the auction itself is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eight-rare-Def-Leppard-T-shirts-/232025672709 You can see the shirts in question.

Thank you.
Beth

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are right to be worried.  I hope you have the money in your bank account to cover the refund in case the buyer files a dispute.  PayPal will take it out of your bank account if you emptied your balance. Work it out with the buyer, I say.  A partial refund of some percentage, maybe.  You may want to go to the eBay forums for further advice.  Click "Community" at the bottom of any eBay page. Then click in the menu bar, "Discussions".  Try Shipping & Returns page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If he files dispute of item not as described on Ebay or Paypal and win,he will have to return the t shirts on his dime,but in an overseas chargeback,he may get to keep all t **bleep** and his money back.

Since he has said nothing about filing,I would wait to see what he wants to do next.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.