Cannot login to paypal to pay for ebay purchase

soyjim
Contributor
Contributor

When I get sent from ebay to make a payment from paypal after filling in with correct login informationI get the following message

"We are unable to validate your information. Please try again."

Neither ebay or paypal customer service is able to get the problem fixed. Paypal customer service tells me that it has to do with Paypal being split from ebay, but noone can tell me how to get  it to work. I am definitely using the right email address and password. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@soyjim

Clear your browser's cache and cookies and restart your browser, or... try a different browser.

-Sandy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@soyjim

Clear your browser's cache and cookies and restart your browser, or... try a different browser.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

soyjim
Contributor
Contributor

Normally I use Chrome. I logged in to ebay using Explorer and that worked. Thanks. Will run disk clean up. Hopefully that will fix everything.

Login to Me Too

MsRenay
Contributor
Contributor

This issue has been going on for soooo long. I am beyond thru with waiting for a "fix". I want to be able to use my  phone to complete my ebay purchase from start to finish without having issues at at checkout trying to long into my PayPal account to complete the transaction right then and there!

I have a security key that Paypal suggested i use issued  several years ago when my account was hacked into. I have been able to use the paypal payment within the ebay app fairly well, until around Nov 2014. From then on it's been mostly miss that i can even access paypal thru the ebay app to complete most of my transactions. On the PC I have a little more success, but what is the purpose of the mobile app if it doesn't perform as it's supposed to! Tired of the pat answer from customer service that "they're aware of the issue and are working on a fix". NOT!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.