where is the currency conversion option?

giantbill
Contributor
Contributor

I just payed for a merchantise, which is listed as $USD. I configured the payment by "AMAZON VISA CANADA".

I setup USD as primary currency and assume that paypal will charge USD against this credit card.

However paypal still charged me as CAD and do the currency conversion for me. I see lots in community that mentioned

there is currency conversion option you can use. But I can not find this "currency conversion option".

Can someone help?

What I want to do is: when I buy usd charged items, I need  paypal to charge USD against my "amazon visa canada"

credit card.

thank you.

GB

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

hodikm
Contributor
Contributor

There is still this option. They are trying to hide from you, or at least not to make it conveniently available for you, so it requires a little more digging.  You need to follow this: PayPal balance > Details >  manage currencies  >  preapproved payments -> Update -> Available Funding Sources -> Conversion Options (for card you'd like to change this option)-> Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice.

Login to Me Too

IT-st89
Contributor
Contributor

^ When I go in "manage currencies" there isn't any "preapproved payments" option

Login to Me Too

amiskeen
New Community Member

Hi

Yes they'v changed it

it is now like this :

Press on option icon on the upper right corner => "Payments" tab => Manage pre-approved payments =>on th upper right corner of the table  "Set Available Funding Sources" =>  Conversion Options

Login to Me Too

markieee
New Community Member

after spending a couple of hours, try this link to get your setting back for conversion options, this is a pernament setting for each credit card, use paypals exchange rate or billing in website currency. some people lost the ability in the new PAYPAL website, im being told.  this a link that a supervisor at paypal sent me.  you have to log in with your paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-merchant-pull-funding&buyer_hub

Login to Me Too

- Your link is the only what really helps. Situation as for 27/10/2017.
Thank you!

Login to Me Too

jerry321
Contributor
Contributor

So the link(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-merchant-pull-funding&buyer_hub) you provided does take me to the page mentioned but the "conversion options" doesn't exist for me. Can anyone confirm if this was changed recently? If it is, we must be able to do this another way right? 

Login to Me Too

Leed12
Contributor
Contributor

Worked for me few minutes ago

Login to Me Too

RoSaTa
New Community Member

Worked for me too.

Login to Me Too

aama
Contributor
Contributor

No conversion options for my Diners Club card.

Last 2 Paypal charges shows in EUR but my credit card statement shows charges in USD?!

Purchases were originally in EUR in an online shop within EU. And of course my credit card company now charged extra for the USD transactions, while all the EUR transactions don't have any extra charges of course since it's my cc's currency.

I just opened up a dispute chat with them to sort this out.

Login to Me Too

Kiltedroo
Contributor
Contributor
I want to pay a seller privately 301 euro i will be paying with my citibank fee free card thats on my account i have selected with link above to charge me what my card will charge but im confused as im sending money in euro it asks what amount i need to send in aud so i keep adding until i get the right euro. So if i compare this to xe.com paypal is asking way more? And i thought it was the citibank account i selected would say what this amount will be? Or do i need to ask Seller to send me an invoice? Im just trying to send the right amount of 301 euro to seller and with as low as fees as possible. Help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.