where is the currency conversion option?

giantbill
Contributor
Contributor

I just payed for a merchantise, which is listed as $USD. I configured the payment by "AMAZON VISA CANADA".

I setup USD as primary currency and assume that paypal will charge USD against this credit card.

However paypal still charged me as CAD and do the currency conversion for me. I see lots in community that mentioned

there is currency conversion option you can use. But I can not find this "currency conversion option".

Can someone help?

What I want to do is: when I buy usd charged items, I need  paypal to charge USD against my "amazon visa canada"

credit card.

thank you.

GB

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

otgooneo
Contributor
Contributor
Finally done. Thank you Sharpiemarker
Login to Me Too

Paddy32
Contributor
Contributor

This doesn't work anymore, where can we set this ? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

LillyMilly
New Community Member

Sharpiemarker’s solution just worked for me!

Login to Me Too

bpetecin
New Community Member

Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too

meirjean

Hey,

They seem to have changed it, can't find the option anymore & now have to remember to change it every time I make a purchase.

Please help 🙂

Login to Me Too

imaddicted2u
Contributor
Contributor

If paypal was going to fix it...they would have by now...they are taking (AKA stealing) your money.

I'll point out again...per the paypal user agreement the currency conversion option is supposed to be available before you complete the transaction...it hasn't been there and still isn't!

"When your payment is funded by a debit or credit card and requires a currency conversion, you consent to and authorize PayPal to convert the currency in place of your debit or credit card issuer. You have the right to have your card issuer perform the currency conversion and can choose this option during checkout on your transaction review page before you complete the transaction. "

Login to Me Too

Sil91
My money isn't there
Login to Me Too

Kseniya
New Community Member

I had the same problem with new version of the site.

In new version going to "Settings", scroll down to "Payment settings". Click on "Preapproved payments", then click on "Set Available Funding Sources". And near to card you need click "Conversion Options". That's all.

P.S. Sorry for my English if there any mistakes, it's not my native.

Login to Me Too

Timmcsy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I obviously wasn't looking hard enough. :-s

Login to Me Too

alzashti

I set it and saved it.

It was switcjed back to Paypal - go figure

The way to do it

Paypal -> Settings -> Payments -> Manage Pre Approved Payments -> Set Available Funding Sources -> Conversion Options -> Bill me in Sellers Currency

and save it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.