when i login in redirecting to page not my account

bagadeswap
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

when i login in m directly redirecting to "Sorry - your last action could not be completed"  this page . can any budy know about this problem? 

i have do every thing what can i find on google yahoo i contacted to paypal but no success . please any one know about this issu please tell asap . if this problem with my password or id i can get error but when i press login button m redirecting everytime to this page 😞

and main thing this page ur : " https://www.paypal.com/in/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-submit "

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Joshwa

what are we supposed to do about this problem? I want my money!

Login to Me Too

saceria
New Community Member

I'm also having this problem 😕

14 Different PC's tested from varying locations using chrome, firefox or ie. Still this error. Clearing the cache doesn't work.

Login to Me Too

eug
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem too. It started a few days ago for me. Pretty poor form.

Login to Me Too

Jixipix
New Community Member

I too am having this problem, it was fixed temporarily because paypal turned off the additional security at login where you can use either your mobile phone and they send you a 6 digit code or you use additional security questions.  Great!  I got in once!  did what I needed to do, ie transfer MY money to MY bank account then I reinstated the additional security (sorry, call me old fashioned but I'm not happy having just a password protecting my account) and hey presto it is back!  Come on Paypal this is disgraceful!  I've now made 4 lengthy phone calls about this matter and you appear to have countless other people with the same issue! PLEASE FIX IT!!!

Login to Me Too

dannyjm

Hi all 

i had the same issue and found a sort of temp work around. 

background - I've had nothing but issues with using the added security code feature and in the past I've had to remove the extra code input step from my security settings to allow me to link my ebay account IOS app's to my paypal/ (the app stupidly doesnt even have a 'send code via SMS' button so its impossible to add the code within the IOS app! it constantly usut demands it...

anyway solution - I was recieveing the same error as other after attempting to log in using email and password and then follwing that entering my SMS 6 digit security code via the second add security step page. each time i would be confronted with the redirect loop error. I attempted log ins via my paypal app, my IOS ebay app (ihone and ipad) and my mac chrome and safari browsers. I cleared my cookies but didnt help. 

I spent hours reading forums and eventurally gave up so made an attempt to contact paypal. I searched for the contact details of paypal and found this link https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home

Just before i went to actually raise my issue throygh the contact link i noticed that i was actually logged into my account within the above page. (look at th etop right of the page, it will/may show the 'log out' button, whch obviously means your logged in.

Next to the log out button is the settings button. click this, go into settings, then into security settings and remove your security key (yes i know, we added this to imrpove safety and security to stop thieves abusing paypals poor security but sadly its the route of most log in issues and has been for over 4 years!)

Once the additional  security key step was removed i was able to log in fine. (downside is no added security measure....) but at least you can make a payment or access your well earned funds!

I then linked my IOS devices back up fine and was able to make my ebay purchase. Anytime the IOS devices drop my log in details/link i always have to remove my added security step, link the devices and then go back into paypal to re add the additional security step. 

you should be able to re add the security step and access account again. If you then have the issues again post re-adding the security step then i will leave the decision to you whether you remove it permanently

Login to Me Too

ben_p
New Community Member

thank you Danny - much appreciated mate 🙂 

Login to Me Too

tambourine_471
New Community Member

Thank Danny. Worked a charm.

I had also just turned on the security key function in hope to add abit more security to my account.

Login to Me Too

DavidHunter66
Contributor
Contributor

dannyjm wrote, a few comments above:

"I spent hours reading forums and eventurally gave up so made an attempt to contact paypal. I searched for the contact details of paypal and found this link https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home

Just before i went to actually raise my issue throygh the contact link i noticed that i was actually logged into my account within the above page. (look at th etop right of the page, it will/may show the 'log out' button, whch obviously means your logged in.

Next to the log out button is the settings button. click this, go into settings"...

Sadly, clicking that cog/gear button now goes to the redirect loop, so this work-around no longer works.

*pulls hair out*

Login to Me Too

katem816
New Community Member

I do not know the answer on how to fix the issue, but I do have the same problem. It's not a password problem! You do not need to change your password! A bunch of people are having the same issue! Just paypal, for the past 5 months, still hasn't fixed it!

Login to Me Too

DavidHunter66
Contributor
Contributor

I found a new work-around to this problem.

The problem is there are two PayPal account websites - an older one, and a newer one. Older users such as ourselves have been stuck half-way between the two systems. Newer users (presumably, those who created their accounts after PayPal created the new website) don't have these issues we're having.

Simply create a new PayPal account. You'll now be stuck in 'new PayPal website' mode, and you won't ever see the old PayPal website, and you won't get any of the redirect loops.

Of course, this means you'll have to set up an entirely new PayPal account, and go through the bank account verification process again, which takes 3-5 days. But I was able to set everything up (except the bank accounts) over the last hour and successfully got into the 'Profile' page on the new PayPal account website, which I needed to get into in order to set up online sales... I have even been able to actually receive a payment from my online store in this same time.

Hopefully this work-around will help everyone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.