underaged

cjenn2004
Contributor
Contributor

im under the age of 18, id like to cancel my account and wait to re open one till im 18. i have a balance of about 100$ but its frozen. i need to show a bunch of documents. what do i do?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

Are you not able to provide the documents they're requesting for some reason? Did you lie when you created the account and say you were 18?

Login to Me Too

cjenn2004
Contributor
Contributor

i didnt even see something about age, it was porably in terms and aggreements, i could get forms of identity but it wouldnt show as over 18.

Login to Me Too

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

Well per paypal - "Under age 18you need your parents assistance. Note, this not PayPal just being mean. When you open a PayPal account, you are agreeing to a binding legal contract. Before an individual can enter into a binding legal agreement known as a contract, he or she must meet the legal contract age." So maybe your parents can help you out? Why is your money frozen exactly?

Login to Me Too

cjenn2004
Contributor
Contributor

i think because i dont have enough information, just how can i grt my 100$ into my parents account so i can cancel my account and keep my 100$

Login to Me Too

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

You are most likely going to have to have your parents contact PayPal so they will unfreeze the money and send it to them. Sucks I know!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @cjenn2004,

I'm sorry to hear about the account limitation! I wanted to jump in to save some effort on the part of your parents. Since they're not the account holder listed on the account, they won't be able to influence the outcome of the limitation. It's not necessary for them to call.

If you contact PayPal and let them know that you are not 18, they can help you with the next steps and let you know what to expect regarding the disbursement of the funds on the account. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.