submit direct debit instruction - how to change your name - dead link?

heskencren
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I think that I posted this in the wrong place over there. 

When I try to sort out the bank account for the paypal account it assumes my business name is to be used as bank account name. I am sole trader so my bank account name is my name. when i click the link

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/pop/acct_name_change

it is a dead link. Can anyone please help.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Krystin1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @heskencren

Thanks for posting this question in the PayPal Community Help Forum. 

I apologize for the frustrating situation. PayPal business accounts will always use the business name as the name registered to the bank account. In this situation, you have two options. The first option is to downgrade the account to add the bank account under your personal name. The second option is to update the business name on your PayPal account to your personal name, add the bank account and then change the business name back. You may update the business name through the PayPal profile. Click on the gear at the top right corner of the screen to and click on Profile and Settings. Select My Business Info and Update next to the Business Information. Click Edit and Change Name next to Business Contact Name. Select Continue and save to complete the change. 

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Krystin 

Login to Me Too

heskencren
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your instructions.

I changed the business name so that the correct account name appeared on the bank form. That did not work as your email sent with that confirmation request still says the old business name is on the bank account. I don't want my bank to be inconvenienced by all this erroneous admin and I've got better things to do. I have gone to the banking online service and in direct debits section there's no mention of your correspondence. Which bit of my bank navigation did you send that to because I can't find it? I have a zero tolerance level when it comes to bank weirdness. What's going on here?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

heskencren
Contributor
Contributor

ok I think I've sussed it -

The name only changed correctly when I deleted the account and then entered as if a new account. Also

they send the code to the bank statement with a 1pence payment and you copy the code back to the paypal page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.