"This card is not accepted. Please use a different card."

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have sent this message to customer help but I seem to get no response and it's been two days already.
The problem: I can't link my MasterCard credit card to PayPal, as I get the error: This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.
Notes: I have received this credit card LAST YEAR, and I have not used it on ANY other PayPal accounts, nor has anybody had access to it.
Note2: I have deleted my old account, hoping that this would solve anything?? -no credit card was EVER linked on it- I reopened the account, with the same e-mail, same phone number, and I still receive the same error when I try to link my card.
Note3: I visited my credit card bank this morning and I had them do a check. There is no issue with the card itself.
I looked for a problem fixer online, and I found many people dealing with this kind of problem. Only that in my case, I have never used this credit card on any paypal account, so I don't see why it would need reseting
 I've sent a message to PayPal customer help 2 days ago and as of today, I got no reply. I even tried to reach them through a Facebook message, and nobody seemed to give a dime. There is so little information regarding what you should do in such cases, and there is so little support of the PayPal staff. I cannot call customer help, as I live in Romania and I don't know wether or not these calls cost anything. I gave them my phone number through the message. Should I expect them to call me? What is there to do in such situation? 
 Note 4: No, I cannot use "another" credit card - I just have this one.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

tarekzidan
Contributor
Contributor

i have 5 euro in my credit card and i still have this problem , i can't link my credit card

and i got error it is not accepted ?!!!

Login to Me Too

Aventien

@Dragoon  did you ever get a fix for this issue of linking a South African Bank card to paypal account? I'm expecting funds from abroad which will be paid via paypal

Login to Me Too

IDRdhan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. is it the card that must contain the 3 euros or the paypal account ?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IDRdhan,

The card has to have some money in it so PayPal can make test charge on it.  After you confirm the card, PayPal will refund the test charge.  Allow up to 30 days for the refund to post by your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

IDRdhan
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

Thanks for the reply.

Login to Me Too

Cronos1337
New Community Member

this still works in 2017?

Login to Me Too

Umpihanki
This might be an issue to renew a new copy of a card, and updating new values like card number, expiration date and code. It might happen, that the card will be totally locked. It is very difficult to solve the problem by a phone call.
Login to Me Too

ninasevic
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to you, I made it! It is true, so thank you very much.

If you guys are first time using Paypal, like I was, and not having money on your card, you have to pay in your card 1euro. 

When you pay in money on the card, Paypal will link automaticlly with your card.

I had the same problem, I upload everything and it shows like they don't accept my card, so first I was thinking it is about my card, but it is not. I just don't get why they don't simple write 'You don't have enough money on your card', so we can all know what is the problem.

Now it works perfectly! 

So, if you get this message and have problem on activating your card with Paypal, you just have to pay in 1e to your card, and connect it again!

Login to Me Too

Rhodes123
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much andreeadanaila. I was trying to link my card and it was rejected, of course there are no funds in it. I will deposit funds and see what happens.

Login to Me Too

ElondaPopol
New Community Member

so, me too have got the same problem, i am in DR Congo. and all try I am doing to link my card, paypall take some percentage.

I have got the Mastercard.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.