"This card is not accepted. Please use a different card."

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have sent this message to customer help but I seem to get no response and it's been two days already.
The problem: I can't link my MasterCard credit card to PayPal, as I get the error: This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.
Notes: I have received this credit card LAST YEAR, and I have not used it on ANY other PayPal accounts, nor has anybody had access to it.
Note2: I have deleted my old account, hoping that this would solve anything?? -no credit card was EVER linked on it- I reopened the account, with the same e-mail, same phone number, and I still receive the same error when I try to link my card.
Note3: I visited my credit card bank this morning and I had them do a check. There is no issue with the card itself.
I looked for a problem fixer online, and I found many people dealing with this kind of problem. Only that in my case, I have never used this credit card on any paypal account, so I don't see why it would need reseting
 I've sent a message to PayPal customer help 2 days ago and as of today, I got no reply. I even tried to reach them through a Facebook message, and nobody seemed to give a dime. There is so little information regarding what you should do in such cases, and there is so little support of the PayPal staff. I cannot call customer help, as I live in Romania and I don't know wether or not these calls cost anything. I gave them my phone number through the message. Should I expect them to call me? What is there to do in such situation? 
 Note 4: No, I cannot use "another" credit card - I just have this one.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: To everyone facing this problem, don't bother asking the staff for help. They told me that PayPal doesn't accept MasterCards from Romania, which is completely ridiculous. When you look up their page, it clearly states that they do. It was nothing but a cheap excuse to avoid looking into the problem or to give a real solution.
 I took some time to read more about PayPal and it turns out, to link a credit card, you need to have at least 2-3 euros in your account, which I didn't. Now that I do, I tried to link the credit card again and it worked. 
 The middle finger goes to the staff (Pauline??) for almost having me go down to the bank and issue a Visa Card, instead of simply saying that no credit card can be linked if it's balance is below 2-3 eurosSmiley Happy 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreeadanaila

i have found others on this board from countries in eastern europe that have had problems with mastercard but could link a visa.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I know. The thing is that I don't have a VISA card, neither do I plan to start things up with another bank, just because PayPal has issues. What bothers me the most is that no staff member has bothered enough to reply to my messages and help me out. It's not like there are tons of alternatives to PayPal and it's not like most websites don't force you to link a card to PayPal before paying for stuff. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: To everyone facing this problem, don't bother asking the staff for help. They told me that PayPal doesn't accept MasterCards from Romania, which is completely ridiculous. When you look up their page, it clearly states that they do. It was nothing but a cheap excuse to avoid looking into the problem or to give a real solution.
 I took some time to read more about PayPal and it turns out, to link a credit card, you need to have at least 2-3 euros in your account, which I didn't. Now that I do, I tried to link the credit card again and it worked. 
 The middle finger goes to the staff (Pauline??) for almost having me go down to the bank and issue a Visa Card, instead of simply saying that no credit card can be linked if it's balance is below 2-3 eurosSmiley Happy 

Login to Me Too

comannicusor
New Community Member

Buna, am incercat si eu sa il leg, mi-a mers pe card de la raiffeisen (cu bani pe el), dar acum am un card de la payoneer prepaid si vad ca nu il leaga, oare o fi fiindca nu are nimic pe el?

Login to Me Too

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

Da. Paypal are nevoie sa extraga o suma de bani atunci cand confirmi cardul. Daca e gol, n-o sa mearga si o sa-ti zica sa incerci alt card.

Login to Me Too

asaaeric1
New Community Member

please i have more than 10euros in my account but it still doesn't work, why

Login to Me Too

Dragoon
New Community Member

I also have this problem and I'm from south Africa. I've tried everything and I still can't get mine to link isn't there another website like PayPal to go to?

Login to Me Too

Evpillay
Contributor
Contributor
I've been having the same problem for an fnb account to try and make it work. If you've solved it please let me know
Login to Me Too

metatron451
New Community Member

Make sure that your  card has atleast 3 euros and then try to link again. It should work.  🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.