"An unknown service error occurred" when adding a new bank account

robbychen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm keep getting the error message "An unknown service error occurred" when adding my Capital One 360 checking account. I searched around and found out that the account may be used by another Paypal account. So I opened a new Capital One 360 saving account and it still shows this error message.

I suppose this is the Paypal backend issue. Ever since I heard that Paypal switched to NodeJS, I keep having issues with my account. First I was unable to verify one of my credit cards probably because a JavaScript error, and now this.

I wish Paypal fixed this issue soon. At least, let the Customer Service manually solve this issue. Right now whenever I contact the Customer Service, it automatically sends me some related solutions and I think these solutions are not related at all.

Is there anyone solved this issue yet? If so, how?

Thanks,

Robby

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

robbychen
Contributor
Contributor

Here is an update to this issue:

I used both Private Mode and another browser to replicate this issue and it still works, a.k.a, it still shows this error message.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdamD

Hi robbychen -

Thanks for reaching out to us here. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with this. This is something that we would have to take a look into your account regarding. You can either find a number to contact us at by logging into your account and clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom of any of our pages. Feel free to reach out to us through Facebook or Twitter as well. We would be happy to take a look into this for you.

- Adam

Login to Me Too

robbychen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the response. I have solved this issue by changing my email address to another of mine and signed up a new Paypal account using this email address.

It looks like that all the problems have been gone once I started over as a new user.

Thanks,

Robby

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.