pre-paid only

jag77
Contributor
Contributor

When a credit card is used for an internet transaction, there is always the possibility that the merchant will charge the card again or than someone will steal the numbers and charge the card.  I want a payment method, such as paypal, Where I can load the account with, say $105.00 then use that account to charge something for $100.  The other $5.00 is to cover any PayPal fees.  If someone attempts to charge on that number, there is no money and they are refused.  I don't need to dispute anything.

Can that be done with PayPal?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First, when you buy something with PayPal, you are not charged a PayPal fee.  The seller or merchant gets charged.  Seco do, PayPal is very much what you described.  You sign up for an account, link a pre-paid card to PayPal and choose it to fund your purchase.  But be sure to register the pre-paid card at the site on back of card so you can manage the card: add more money, check balance, maintain account info.  PayPal likes to be able to verify the card so make sure you register pre-paid card with same card owner info as the PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jag77
Contributor
Contributor

If, for example, my PayPal account has a balance of $10 and I go to match.com, and pay an account fee of $60.00, will PayPal reject that charge from match.com? Or will PayPal expect me to add funds to my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

jag77
Contributor
Contributor

A more accurate question would be:  If I tell match.com to close my account and instead they decide to charge my card for more money and the funds are not there, will that charge be rejected or will PayPal expect me to add more funds.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

do you have a confirmed bank account linked to your PAYPAL account?

Login to Me Too

jag77
Contributor
Contributor

As I recall, PayPal insisted on a confirmed bank account, so please reply on that assumption.

And given that I do, and prognosticating that the answer will be:  Yes, match.com can make the charge without funds in my PayPal account, then:  How might I change things so that match.com gets an immediate rejection?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It depends on Match.com but I don't think it will go through a query process to determine if funds are available or not; the funds will simply be taken from your PayPal account.  That's a reason PayPal requires a backup funding source for full access to services.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

close your account !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

jag77
Contributor
Contributor

The reply was: Close my account.  

Which one, PayPal or Match.com.  

I want to join match.com but have read multiple comments about how they keep charging after people say to close their accounts.  Closing my PayPal account because match.com misbehaves seems to be the wrong way.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dont these guys read the Match.com terms and agreement?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.