payment notification emails not working

durian808
Contributor
Contributor

Suddenly this morning I am not receiving payment notification emails.  I received 2 payments... no emails came in.

I checked my PayPal account and in the profile, notifications, I can't select the email notification for "receive a payment" – it says "this isn't available".

What's going on?

thanks

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

durian808
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but the missing payment notifications were not associated with selling on eBay.

Login to Me Too

danmcq
New Community Member

I've got this problem too. When I checked my PayPal notificaiton preferences, the option to receive an email notification when receiving a payment not selected, and it was disabled. I was able to turn on payment received notiications for mobile, but this is clearly an issue.

Login to Me Too

durian808
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:

The two missing emails came in, about 4-5 hours late.

I am still not able to set my profile notification for "Receive a payment" to email... it says "This isn't available."

Login to Me Too

mkutcher
New Community Member

I am having the same issue...
any clue as to why?

Login to Me Too

Quin_at_HRR
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. First noticed it on 6/17/2015 and it has continued throughout today. I'm located in NY and all notification emails (i.e. shipping label created, invoice sent, etc) arrive immediately except for payment notifications. There is also the same delay using the PayPal app. Alerts appear about 3 hours after a customer makes a payment.

Login to Me Too

durian808
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:

I am still not able to set my profile notification for "Receive a payment" to email... it still says "This isn't available."

I opened a support ticket with PayPal and received a message today saying the matter has been escalated to their technical team and they are working to fix it asap.

Login to Me Too

tmworks
New Community Member

Here it is 8-2-15 and i still have this issue. I don't care if it is just a "courtesy" that they send E-mail notification. I need it sent there.

IS Paypal going to solve this issue?????

Login to Me Too

ginolena
Contributor
Contributor

Receiving only about 20% of notifications emails for the last 4 days. Same problem like back in June.

"You sent an invoice" notifications coming 100%.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.