need help confirming bank account

luckydroid
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this paypal account for years now, ever since I first started buying things on ebay a long time ago.

since then, I have moved around to various addresses, opened and closed various bank accounts, and tried to keep my paypal up to date.

I have never had to link a bank account, only my debit card, so I could make purchases.

so I went bankless for a year, and I started an online business selling art pieces just recently ( a week ago), I opened a bank account and tried confirming it with paypal.

I tried the instant confirmation, paypal was able to log into my online banking profile, see which bank I was with, and ask me my security question to verify its me.

the problem is every time I input my correct answer, I get an error page.

so I tried the slow method, where paypal makes to deposits into your account and you confirm there.

my bank says they made a 0.5 and 0.6 cent deposit, so I input THESE numbers into paypal to confirm the account and it gives me the same error.

I have verified my SSN, drivers license, and address with a utility bill.

I have two customers who sent me payments via paypal, paypal will not let me accept these until my bank account is confirmed, and they refuse to confirm my account.  I've sent multiple emails with no reply.

I needed that money days ago to cover my bills..

I live in the mountains, I get no cell signal here to call customer support, and even if I did, my phone service got shut off yesterday because I could not make the payment, because PayPal is not working with me! 

I really need my money!!!    this is exactly why I went bankless and started dealing in cash, so no one could keep me away from MY money.

now I have two angry customers who are considering canceling their orders, which is really bad for my new startup, makes me look bad on social media, and keeps me hungry and with unpaid bills.

I just hope someone who works at paypal sees this. I've tried on multiple SAFE computers with safe internet connections, the mobile app. my profile is at 100% and I've provided all my information.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

luckydroid
Contributor
Contributor

after carefully reviewing my documents and papers from my newly opened bank account I realized something that was my mistake.

when I logged into paypal to link my account, I clicked "checking" and "I have a different bank" and proceeded to enter my routing number and account number.

what I did not realize in that moment, was that the numbers I entered were for my SAVINGS account!

so when I log into my online banking, I see paypal deposited two amounts into my SAVINGS, and I mistook it for checkings.

I went back to my paypal account page, and tried to link my checking with my TRUE checking account numbers, but it gives me an error page.

PayPal also will not let me delete my other unconfirmed account so I can start over fresh with the correct numbers.

Login to Me Too

luckydroid
Contributor
Contributor

http://i.imgur.com/eJC9SbH.png

I get that error everytime I try to do anyting, such as, confirm my account, trying to remove the bank, adding another account.

i dont have any internet connection problems, I flushed my cache and cookies, and tried on multiple devices.

I think this is PayPals way of blocking me from any further action until someone on their end can look over my account.

If I had a working phone I could be calling customer support right now, but this is the best I can do

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The 4 digit code is normally a number in front of the amounts of money after the words paypal, BUT it may differ where you are so not totally sure of that.

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

luckydroid
Contributor
Contributor

I dont have a twitter but I just messaged on facebook. thanks.

Login to Me Too

luckydroid
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to switch to the "classic site" and successfully remove the bad account, and try again with the correct numbers.

it went through. I tried the instant confirmation by letting paypal log into my bank account.

it successfully logged in and asked me my banks security question.

I gave it my correct answer and it gave me another error and now it is saying I have to confirm using the slow method.

so now I'm back to waiting, but at least the account information is correct.

I wish someone from PayPal could actually help me verify my account today. every day that this continues is a day where my customers get more annoyed and frustrated at ME, even though this is a paypal issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.