my son

giovannidellorc
Contributor
Contributor

my 16yo son, italian citizen will spend since june 18 an year in the usa as exchange student. As far as is forbidden to open a bank account in Italy till you are 18yo and as well is forbidden by law to open a paypal account I was wondering if he could open an us paypal account and get a prepaid paypal credit card as soon as he reach the Usa. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Giovanni

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Sorry, one must be 18 or older.   Here's a snippet from the opening section of the User Agreement:

This user agreement is a contract between you and PayPal, Inc. that governs your use of your PayPal account and the PayPal services. It applies to U.S. PayPal accounts only.  For an individual to open a U.S. PayPal account and use the PayPal services, you must be a resident of the United States or one of its territories and at least 18 years old, or the age of majority in your state of residence.  For a business to open a U.S. PayPal account and use the PayPal services, the business must be organized in, operating in, or resident of, the United States or one of its territories.

Login to Me Too

giovannidellorc
Contributor
Contributor

thank's. therefore I'll have to find an other way to provide him with a viable mean of payment. any suggestions?

giovanni

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Not really sure what would work for you, maybe this service would be an option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.