limited account after addy change

heisman-man
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made an address change to my acccount... provided the required NEW address update and they even asked for a bill with the new address as proof... fine, did it...got it updated.  2 weeks later, they basically freeze my account (and the $800 in it) pending further verification, so resubmitted a bill, bank statement and DL as proof as requested and was told a max of 2 business days to confirm. 4 days later still "pending" and account still frozen.

WHY?  dunno, customer service does not answer and no info to give over the phone.

so my money still sits frozen and can not withdraw, use, send or receive anything on my account. 

anyone else being stolen from?  probally a bunch of you.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

You are not being stolen from.  Your cash is in the account.  It's just going through a verification process, and they must be backed up in a queue of those that's taking longer than usual.  Just make sure you've provided all the documentation they've asked for and it should be resolved before much longer.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

heisman-man
Contributor
Contributor

... and when they decide in their infinate wisdom not to unfreeze my account?  seen it happen many times... 

i have EBay sales ending that ppl can not pay for, i have auctions i plan(ned) on buying but can not while i am waiting on PP to get off their butts and actually work. if it's backed up, that clearly means way too many to sort through - again meaning too many ppl being frozen out for no reason.

within 2 buisness days, is TWO business days, not 4-5 or whenever they feel like it. it's costing us both money and time

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal needs to revise this 24 hours or 2 business days crap,the queue is mile long and it does take time to verify what you submitted.

some information they can verify online like driver license,but others not so easy.

you just need to have some working capital set aside to run your business.

Login to Me Too

heisman-man
Contributor
Contributor

agreed, but their time frame is their time frame to mess with. my concern is my money... i've seen it go POOF for many people before and unlikely that has ever stopped happening.

i have money set aside, but can't use it for ebay since PP and EBay made their deal with the devil years ago so they could get us coming and going. so can't sell nor buy on ebay thru PP... maybe it's time to move on from both - if only there was a decent alternative.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
That is simply not true. Money does not go "POOF". If your account is limited just provide the docs and it will be reinstated. By the way, people can still pay you when the account is in that status, so it's not going to keep your eBay buyers from paying. You just can't withdrawal.
Login to Me Too

heisman-man
Contributor
Contributor

NOPE (again)... i have seen accounts permantly frozen (hence POOF on the money)... g/f's account years ago had that happen, she lost $1400 because even after she provided all documents, they refused to reinstate it and in theory KEPT her money - since she never got it and was permantly denied access to it.

and too, I CAN NOT ACCEPT, SEND, RECIEVE or WITHDRAW anything currently... pretty sure I know what they're doing to my account more-so than you do.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I would be curious to know the details behind that. If she lost any money it would be because she lost a buyer dispute, in which case she didn't "lose" anything. She covered the refund that PayPal gave the buyer. You may disagree with the reasoning, but that's why I would be curious to see the details.
Login to Me Too

heisman-man
Contributor
Contributor

my recollection is that last time she attempted to get it, PP basically said no and it was still "in" her account. but i seriously doubt it is still just sitting there after several years, so i'd assume it went somewhere and it wasn't to her.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You are making bad assumptions, and you're spreading these bad assumptions in the community. How about you actually log in to the account to see what it says..?? If the money was never withdrawn or used to make purchases, then yeah, it would still be sitting there.

You need to come with more information and actual details / evidence of what's going on than recollections and assumptions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.