iPad app business registration question

audiogabby
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just bought an iPad and downloaded the Paypal appication. While trying to log in to set everything I was informed my acct was being upgraded to a business acct. I do not want to register a business acct because I do no have a business. This App is giving me no freaking options. Its like they assume thats the only way to proceed forward is to register a business. I tried to play along at first and it is asking me for a business name, ph # and tax ID. If I leave any of those options blank then I could not go forward or proceed with the registration. Can someone shine a light as to how to log in without registering as a business? This i incredibly annoying. Give us some options!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey audogabby,

It sounds like you may have downloaded either the PayPal Here or the PayPal Business app. These apps require a business account, which is why it would be trying to make you upgrade when logging in. Check the app store and make sure you're choosing the app that only says "PayPal" and you shouldn't be asked to upgrade. 🙂

Hope this helps! Have a great rest of your day.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey audogabby,

It sounds like you may have downloaded either the PayPal Here or the PayPal Business app. These apps require a business account, which is why it would be trying to make you upgrade when logging in. Check the app store and make sure you're choosing the app that only says "PayPal" and you shouldn't be asked to upgrade. 🙂

Hope this helps! Have a great rest of your day.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

audiogabby
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I figured that out. I deleted the app and started all over again. I saw my mistake the second time around. Thank you for your response.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.