iOS app language

noisedamaged
Contributor
Contributor

My iOS PayPal app is in Spanish and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to change it back to English. I have an intermediate understanding of Spanish and am able to navigate the settings in the app enough to see that there does not appear to be a language choice section.

My account settings are set to English so I'm not sure what has set the app to Spanish. I was in a Spanish speaking country for a couple months recently so maybe that triggered the change. Is there any way to manually change it or am I going to have to delete the app and reinstall on an English speaking IP address?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

RonWeissAZ
New Community Member

I just solved the problem. It must have happend when I updated to IOS 9 on my iPhone. Spanish was somehow added to my chain of Preferred Language Order in my IOS settings. Go to Settings -> General -> Language & Region -> Edit (up in the top right) -> then delete other languages from the Preferred Language list. I deleted Spanish, Closed and then restarted the Paypal app and the issue has been resolved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

laurenty
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue with French. It started yesterday and I cannot figure out how to switch the app back to English...

Login to Me Too

slowbutsure
Contributor
Contributor

First sign back out. Then go to the bottom of the sign in Page and click on one of the 2 little colored rectangles and pick your country from the list that comes up.

Login to Me Too

slowbutsure
Contributor
Contributor

@laurenty wrote:

I'm having the same issue with French. It started yesterday and I cannot figure out how to switch the app back to English...

First sign back out. Then go to the bottom of the sign in Page and click on one of the 2 little colored rectangles and pick your country from the list that comes up.

Login to Me Too

KiwiClaire
Contributor
Contributor
I don't have these icons on my app, does anyone else?
Login to Me Too

bwells0804

Nope. I'm having the same problem and not seeing them either.

Login to Me Too

bwells0804

Mine is doing the same thing (with French), and I don't see an option to change it when I sign back out...

Login to Me Too

RonWeissAZ
New Community Member

My IOS app also changed the default language to Spanish. Unable to correct. My default language in web browser is set to English.

Login to Me Too
Solved

RonWeissAZ
New Community Member

I just solved the problem. It must have happend when I updated to IOS 9 on my iPhone. Spanish was somehow added to my chain of Preferred Language Order in my IOS settings. Go to Settings -> General -> Language & Region -> Edit (up in the top right) -> then delete other languages from the Preferred Language list. I deleted Spanish, Closed and then restarted the Paypal app and the issue has been resolved.

Login to Me Too

big_jaygee
New Community Member

Thanks for the info, it has been two days and i couldn't figure it out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.