how to change primary email address

shamyinathens
New Community Member

how do I change primary email address. Of course I won.t be able to receive any responses because my primary email address no longer exist. I.m curious why Paypal will not let me change my address on the profile page.

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

PatchworkDragon
New Community Member

I'd also like to know this. 

I've always used a work email for many years, and have now retired.  My email account will remain active for a few months and I can access it, but obviously need to change it on PayPal.  Thanks

Login to Me Too

automedon1
Contributor
Contributor

how do I change my email address?

Login to Me Too

vickimar
Contributor
Contributor

@automedon1 wrote:

Login to Me Too

cslowry
New Community Member

My email carrier has changed the name of the company and has changed my e-mail address.  How do I make this change on my paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Steve63
New Community Member

@automedon1 wrote:

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dustin

Hi All,

Sorry for any confusion. To change your email address, you need to add and confirm your new email address first. You can then either remove your old email address, or keep both email addresses active on your account.

Here's how to add your email address:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Profile icon beside "Log out."
  3. Click the + sign beside "Email."
  4. Click Add.
  5. Enter your new email address and click Save.

After you add an email address to your PayPal account, we'll send you an email to confirm that you own the email address. Click the link in the email to confirm your email address.

You can then either keep both email addresses active or remove your old e-mail address.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

- Dustin

Login to Me Too

zandi1lee
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I have tried all the solutions in this chain of emails and none of them work.  When I get the screen asking me to confirm my new email and I do, it send me an email at new address, I do all they ask and when I log back in my new address still says unconfirmed.  I will be losing my old address in a few weeks and really need to have this new address as my primary.  I even changed from Mozilla Firefox to IE and tried and it still didn't work.  Can anybody give me a solution to this?  Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Neilb1
New Community Member

Your response doesn't help as I receive the message, "Cannot delete or change primary email address"

Login to Me Too

cory8ennet
New Community Member
I also added a new email address and I am not able to delete the old email address as it is still the primary. no help !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.