how to change business name

Peggi
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to change your business name?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Caphelnicoph
New Community Member

This information is out of date.
Edit Business Name is no longer available in the Profile section

Login to Me Too

GL17
New Community Member

Following the solution takes you to the change your personal name screen, not change business name.  How do I change the business name? I didn't realize I was putting something in for all eternity...

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Profile > My Business Info > Business Information > Update > Edit business info > Change business name.

PayPal will ask for a reason.  Was there a legal reason or an error?

Your business name is a legal name for your busines.  Changing it isn't a simple matter.  The legal change should first be reflected on you own business documents.

I just went through the steps to make sure they were correct.

If you don't have the option, then you"ll need to contact PayPal customer service for help.

Login to Me Too

sweetparsley201
Contributor
Contributor

THESE DIRECTIONS FOR how TO CHANGE YOUR BUSINESS NAME ARE INCORRECT. #1 THERE IS NO "CHANGE" NAME BUTTON, CHOICE ETC THERE. 

Login to Me Too

sweetparsley201
Contributor
Contributor

The only name that can be changed is YOUR PERSONAL NAME not your BUSINESS name

Login to Me Too

MaxTar
New Community Member

Seconding sweetparsley201 above, I absolutely cannot change my business name.

When I try (Update Business Information --> Edit --> Business Name --> Change) it leads me to a page to change MY name, not my business name, even though I specifically chose "Business Name"

Anyone knows a work-around or a solution to this? Thank you!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Phone PayPal customer service for help.

No one here can help you.

Login to Me Too

RBPhotography
Contributor
Contributor
I have went to "Update Business Name", I click on it then click "My business name has changed" but it will not move from there?? Please help ☺
Login to Me Too

retrobou
New Community Member

Same here, when I click "continue" the button does nothing.  Did you ever get this to work?

wrote:
I have went to "Update Business Name", I click on it then click "My business name has changed" but it will not move from there?? Please help ☺

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.