help with account

Keithiminspain
Contributor
Contributor

Ok... so I go to PayPay, sign up for an account. wont accept bank details so I skip that. account created.

I accept money into the account. all good. get a message saying confirm phone number ,bank etc.

Now this is the problem!

I cant confirm anything because PayPal thinks I´m in America! I'm in Spain!

My phone number is not recognised, bank the same.  Money in the account. No way of emailing PayPal for help!

Can anyone help with this please_

Thanks in advance.

Keith.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

HOW DID YOU OPEN YOUR ACCOUNT?

DID YOU SAY You are in USA?

Login to Me Too

Keithiminspain
Contributor
Contributor

I just followed the instructions... it wouldnt accept my bank details and then asked to do it later so thats exactly what I did.

I put my address etc... blah blah... I just followed the accout setup! , Only when I get the email to confirm phone nuber etc do I figure it out why nothing can be accepted!

I assumed a site as big as PayPal would know what country I´m in as they have done in the past!

I wouldnt tel them I was in USA!

Hope you can help me and thanks for replying.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is country specific,you must have given Paypal information that you are in USA.

I would review the account profile to see if it is true.

Login to Me Too

Keithiminspain
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks...Just Checked my profile, They think Im in MA thats for MALAGA ... but its not its Massachusetts becuase it only recognises USA and not the rest of the world. Thats I imagine the mistake I made,,, just srolling and clicking MA assuming the site knew I was in Spain.!

At no point did it give me an option of country when setting up the account!

But how to change this? it says change address but its all only USA. I cannot see anyway to correct this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.