from English to Portuguese
and U.S. dollars for real

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi CronusMaker,

You are able to change the language on the account, however, you will only have select languages available. Below are the steps to do this: 

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘My settings.’
  4. Click Update beside ‘Preferred language.’
  5. Select your preferred language and click Save.

The PayPal website and the emails you receive from us will be in your selected language. Changing the language does not change how your account works.

You can choose what currencies to accept and how you would like to accept them. I'm attaching a link for your review:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?articleID=FAQ2329&m=SRE

I hope this information helps answer your questions.

-Susie 

Login to Me Too

Shmoyl
Contributor
Contributor
I want to change my language from norwegian to english but cant find the settings in my profile. Can You tell me what to click on in norwegian?
Login to Me Too

OOSS
New Community Member

I can't seem to change the language like you have suggested. What is the lastest method to do so?

Johnson

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Shmoyl and OOSS -

I'm sorry the above didn't work for you. The new PayPal website is a work in process and not all features have been built. While this work is ongoing you will have to follow the below steps to change the language on your account:

1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Click Wallet.
3.Click Classic Site at the bottom of the page.
4.Click My settings.
5.Click Update beside 'Preferred language'.
6.Select your preferred language and click Save.
7.Click PayPal on the top of the page to load the summary page in your selected language.

I do hope this works for you both.

-Susie

Login to Me Too

orangetea
New Community Member

Hi!

I'm sorry but that last method doesn't work either. It works only for the profile page. The rest of the pages don't change at all.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too

KiwiClaire
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I am having the same issue with language. Your instructions only work for the other pages and not the home page. The home page stays in another language. I have the same issue with the PayPal app since I updated my phone. Any new suggestions? 

Login to Me Too

D84

This doesn't work in the new layout. It always defaults to a language other than english, although it is the one chosen in settings. Any updates on this?

Login to Me Too

ladeedar
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem others are having.

In my profile page, and in the settings, it's in English but in the main page where you're making transactions, it's in a different language.

Any help?

Login to Me Too

Slk1213
New Community Member

Everything comes up in Chinese ! I cannot get to English since I do not read Chinese ?? Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.