change PayPal.me link

akimbo11
Contributor
Contributor

I really need to CANCEL or CHANGE the PayPal.Me link I "grabbed" by accident. I do not want to simply "hide" it, I need to CANCEL or CHANGE it. You say it can't be done but that needs to be fixed! 

I was trying to send money to my friend through what we thought was his paypal.me link. I had never used it before so when it asked me to "grab" the link I thought I was connecting to my friend, not stealing his name! I do not want my friend's name connected to my account! This has to be fixable!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can try contacting Customer Support.

This is what the FAQ's say:

* Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

* You may have only one active PayPal.Me link per PayPal account.

Bottom line, you may have to close your current account and setup a new one, but only Customer Support can decide that.

Login to Me Too

akimbo11
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks but I already spoke to someone on the phone at customer service and she could not help me. She admitted that she gets many inquiries about this and agrees that it is a problem in the system that must be fixed. Lots of people make a mistake when they create a PayPal.me link and need to make a correction. Creating a new PayPal account is not an option since I am not going to change the email address I have had for all these years. Customer service person said she would pass it up to her supervisor and we hope that PayPal will change this glitch system.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.