You can't use PayPal anymore

Dreadful
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I think I have a big problem here

a few months ago when I was only 17yo paypal asked for my documents and I gave it to them, because I had nothing to hide, I was like 3 months away from being 18, and I only used my paypal account with MY debit card to buy games online. Weird enough few weeks passed and paypal blocked my account, and now I've been trying to talk to them and they only tell me that they made their decision and cannot be reverted, which I think it's bs, because It's their website and I think that they can change everything they want to 😕

and now they told me that I will never be able to use paypal until the end of my life, like wtf!?

is there anything to be done here?? they didn't described why they did it!

Untitled.png

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dreadful

Maybe learn to obey some rules?

You are not allowed to open a paypal account until you are 18, you ignored that so they now no longer want your business. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dreadful
Contributor
Contributor

how is that helping me? and no need to be rude...

I was 3 months or less to be 18yo, I already had my debit card, I was doing nothing illegal, just using paypal as a normal user, it's not like I've broken the system... I wasn't even working any business, I was just casually using paypal. I don't know how will I live without being able to use paypal, I just beg someone to help me please!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

after 180 days,Paypal will email y ou and ask y ou how you want your money back if there is any.

by then you will be over 18,so ask them how you can have your account back.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The age issue is one thing, but generally not permanent.  Usually, one would be able to re-establish an account after 180 days and over 18.

Your problem is like much more serious as the closure was not likely related to your activity with games and virtual sales/purchases.  You are the only one who knows the details and issues with your transcations.

In any case, the closure is permanent.

When you find anothe payment service make sure you read and understand the polices about money transfers and implications of transactions that might be suspicious or related to money laundering.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dreadful

I was stating facts not being rude, you are obviously not old enough to know the difference.

And you were doing something illegal, you agreed to a legally binding user agreement when you opened your paypal account and you broke the terms of that legal agreement by doing so.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dreadful
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

The age issue is one thing, but generally not permanent.  Usually, one would be able to re-establish an account after 180 days and over 18.

Your problem is like much more serious as the closure was not likely related to your activity with games and virtual sales/purchases.  You are the only one who knows the details and issues with your transcations.

In any case, the closure is permanent.

When you find anothe payment service make sure you read and understand the polices about money transfers and implications of transactions that might be suspicious or related to money laundering.

the only thing they told me when they blocked my account, was that I was underaged, and I understand that

but I was just a few months away, I don't see what difference does it make, i mean i was still 18 on that same year, like it wouldn't make a difference.

But there's no other service like paypal, i mean not as popular, almost every website uses paypal, and I don't see using other services 😞

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dreadful

Of course a few months makes a difference eg if you are not allowed to marry say until you are 16 then saying you are 15 and 9 months IS going to make a difference as you won't be able to.

Same with paypal if they state 18 they mean 18, you broke a legally binding user agreement by opening your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dreadful
Contributor
Contributor

so there's nothing that can be done to get my account back? my life literally depends on it 

Login to Me Too

Dreadful
Contributor
Contributor

and does this mean that I can't create another paypal account? or I can still create another paypal account but just can't add the same debit card to that account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.