Withdrawing money in USD instead of my local currency

Friggasdotter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I've recently added a new VISA card to my account. Unlike my former card that was in my local currency, Croatian kuna, my new card is in USD. However, when I try to withdraw money, PayPal automatically makes currency conversion into my national currency. I think it is only because I'm from Croatia so they asume that all my cards are in Croatian kuna? I see no option to change it, so I have written to PayPal (apparently, a friend had the same problem and PayPal stopped the unnecessary conversion after she sent them an e-mail). Anyway, I'd like to hear what you have to say about this.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Erica

Hi Friggasdotter,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this has caused. We can certainly get this updated for you! You would just need to reach out to us through one of our customer service channels and we can get it changed. Smiley Happy

-Erica

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43
Solved

PayPal_Erica

Hi Friggasdotter,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this has caused. We can certainly get this updated for you! You would just need to reach out to us through one of our customer service channels and we can get it changed. Smiley Happy

-Erica

Login to Me Too

Friggasdotter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Erica,

it was solved a long time ago, one very kind and helpful guy from your customer service fixed it. Thank you anyway Smiley Happy

Regards,
Ramona

Login to Me Too

sanyix
Contributor
Contributor

wow! Wow they really let you to use non national currency on withdraw? It's the part of "paypal currency conversion ripoff" (google it).

Login to Me Too

Minikas
New Community Member

I have different issue. My country changed currency to EUR and paypal keeps counting my withdraws in old  LTL. How can i withdraw it when i have EUR account here. 2 emails to them and 2 auto robot support infoes back. Great service.

After arrount 10 years i'm thinking simply stop using them. Amazing fees and slow support...

Login to Me Too

vidtimex

Now is no option like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O_2pdE0-TWU/T5pvFyloFUI/AAAAAAAAAew/pi5Ayiy6yOU/s640/paypal4.png

My country currency is EUR.

I withdraw my money in EUR, playpal converts it to LTL with very low rate, after that bank automaticly converts it from LTL to EUR, because LTL is officialy closed currency. With every withdraw i lose 16,75 Eur. This is ridiciluos.

Login to Me Too

sanyix
Contributor
Contributor

About support: they won't answer to you ever. Not for written message. People say the only way to contact them is by phone.

Login to Me Too

podlium

Hi,

i have the same problem, PayPal account in USD and Visa Card in USD, but when i want to withdraw PayPal converts it to my local currency (also Croatian kuna). I sent an email but got this answer:

"When you make a withdrawn on your account you  are only able to withdraw funds in your local currency. Any funds withdrawn from your balance in another currency will be converted."

Ramona, what did you and or your friend do to make them change that?

Login to Me Too

ssntpl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Erica,

I have an EEFC Indian account which allows me to hold money in USD. I want to withdraw money directly in USD to my account instead of converting it to INR first. As if I get money in INR then i have to again get it converted into USD and hence I have to pay the conversion charges two times.

How can I directly withdraw money in USD instead of local currency?

I contacted customer care and they have no clue what is an EEFC account. Please help.

Thanks

Sam

Login to Me Too

maxluburic
Hi, I have same problem, i would like paypal to withdraw directly into euros not in my local currency Croatian kuna. Please help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.