Withdrawing money in USD instead of my local currency

Friggasdotter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I've recently added a new VISA card to my account. Unlike my former card that was in my local currency, Croatian kuna, my new card is in USD. However, when I try to withdraw money, PayPal automatically makes currency conversion into my national currency. I think it is only because I'm from Croatia so they asume that all my cards are in Croatian kuna? I see no option to change it, so I have written to PayPal (apparently, a friend had the same problem and PayPal stopped the unnecessary conversion after she sent them an e-mail). Anyway, I'd like to hear what you have to say about this.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

Birdyweb
New Community Member
I didnt find solution for this. I have same problem in Romania, RON currency. Can we fix this? It's kinda urgent. Thank You!
Login to Me Too

Ivaron
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have the same problem. I have linked my paypal account to card which is also setup to us dollars, in bank which is in Croatia. But when I hit withdrawal button, there's automaticall conversion of dollars to Kuna. Even though my card is in dollars. Help please.
Login to Me Too

verdamel

I already contact paypal CS, they said Paypal will convert to my local currencies though my account is USD.. please help

Login to Me Too

VasilV
Contributor
Contributor

Hello i have same problem when i withdraw usd into my visa they automaticly convert them in bgn (bulgarian lev) wich is the currency in my country Bulgaria. Please fix this paypall admins.

Login to Me Too

tinkerbell123
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue so please help me. My card is in Euro and I did withdraw in USD, but PayPal sent Croatian kunas on my account even I've put USD as my primary currency! Any help, please?? Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too

tomivac04
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal_Erica,

I have the same problem like Friggasdotter "Withdrawing money in USD instead of my local currency"!

What I have to do ?

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This seems to be how Paypal does it,it will convert your foreign currency into the currency of your country  before it sends to your local bank.

Could it be if it sends foreign currency to your bank,your bank wil charge a fee,I know this is how it is done in Japan.

The Jananese bank will charge a fee if incoming wire is in a foreign currency,then it will convert that currency into Yen.  

Canadian Paypal members who have Canadian bank account in US currency,can ask Paypal to transfer their US$ Paypal fund to that bank account ,and do whatever they please themselves,whether keep it as US dollars or convert to Canadian dollars.

Login to Me Too

sanyix
Contributor
Contributor

Bank conversion fees are usually much lower than paypal's conversion "fee"s, and you can create foreign currency bank account, which can receive that currency without conversion, but paypal don't let you to do this...

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

try not to use Paypal to transfer fund to your bank-2 1/2 % plus bank rate is what Paypal charges

Login to Me Too

Kellogs2005
Contributor
Contributor

Have the same issue but with Polish zloty and I am about to receive the money in USD on PP but see no option of withdrawing them in USD to my USD account in Poland. Please assist on that since without the  decent support from your side I see no point of using the PayPal service which used to be great.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.