Why the system is asking me to verify my phone number every time I login my account

wingsofloveinc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Hope someone can explain me why PayPal system is asking me to verify my phone number and to change my password every time I login my account. Although I'm currently out of the USA for business reasons, I have not changed my device or IP address to generate a suspicious activity in my account. Thanks for your brainstorm and advice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your account is for use in the countr where it is registered.  Usinging it outside of the country would appear suspicious to PayPal and PayPal needs to verify it each time.  There is also the possibility that your account will be limited due to your own suspicious out of country activity.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your account is for use in the countr where it is registered.  Usinging it outside of the country would appear suspicious to PayPal and PayPal needs to verify it each time.  There is also the possibility that your account will be limited due to your own suspicious out of country activity.

Login to Me Too

wingsofloveinc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I've been using my account in and out the country for too many years with no problem, but I'll contact PayPal if I keep having the issue. I accessed my account to check out responses for my question, but I had no problem. Weird issue!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.