Why is PayPal dysfunctional?

vumadave1
Contributor
Contributor

Friday, my son asked me to send a friend of his some money.  Going to PayPal, I realized my Verizon email was no longer functional because Verizon quit its email service.  So, i had to open a new account, using the former Master "debit" (used as a credit card).  This last procedure was done by a PP person.  He said, things would be smooth by Saturday afternoon.  When that time came, my card was still not accepted.  Again, I spoke with a rep but no help.   I called my bank and they said my Master card was without any glitch and also confirmed that I had successfully used it four days ago.  It is now Sunday morning (7 a.m., eastern) and still PayPal says, "try again later."

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vumadave1

Why did you open another paypal account? Why not just add the new email address to your old account and then make that one primary and remove the old one?

Also as you have opened another one and want to add the same card, did you REMOVE that card from your old paypal account BEFORE you closed it or is the first paypal account still open?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.