Why did Paypal change my name & now making me suffer for it?

djklymaxx
New Community Member

When I signed up for Paypal I entered my full first & last name example: John Doe, but I noticed when I signed in through my cell phone on their website they kept referring me as 'J Doe' on the little mobile view account portal thing. I didnt think anything of it because I figured it was just some automatic default username or something they gave me since I did not specify one at any time. The problem came when I made my first sale and received money through Paypal and wanted to send the money to my bank account. After receiving the funds, I had to wait a daunting  72 hours for review, because they said that this was a normal procedure for first time bank account transfers. So I waited, and 72 hours later I got the email notification later saying that the review was successful and they were now sending the funds to my bank account on file and it shouldnt take any more than 30 minutes. Two minutes after receiving the successful review email, they sent me another email saying that the transfer has 'Failed' because the name on my account doesnt match the name on my card, and in order for me to change my name I have upload a valid photo i.d with a bank statement or bill etc. I am infuriated. Who the hell changed my name to 'J Doe' if when I signed up, I had to enter my full first & last name as 'John Doe'?? I called them and I told tell them this was not my issue because when I signed up I entered my full name. They continually told me the only thing I could do is upload the documents because 'they' dont have the 'power' to update my profile for me (I am  talking to a paypal account representative now Smiley Mad and even waited an hour to be spoken to Smiley Mad). I now have to wait TWO BUSINESS DAYS for them to review the documents & finally update my name, and then I would have to start the whole process over of attempting to transfer my money from my Paypal account balance to my Bank account.  This company makes me sick, because THEY changed my name and now I have to suffer by uploading documents and waiting two additional days, well three days because its a fxcking Saturday and I want my money now but hey, all they do is act oblivious to the problem. I had my account since fxcking 2010 and this is the bullshxt I receive in 2018. When I sign up for things like this I always put my full first & last name 'clearly' because I know how sensitive it is & the problems you run into when even a letter or spacing is off especially when it relates to transfers and bank accounts. Paypal needs to do better and give the user more freedom as it relates to their own account. This was highlyy inconvenient!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.