Why Not Get Verified With a Credit Card?

Bulldogg
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, "Verified status Granted" (see the photo below) does not actually mean that I am verified.

I'm not going to open a new credit line with PayPal just to be verified. The only other method is to attach my bank account to my PayPal account. My question is: Why can't I be verified with the credit card that is attached to my PayPal account? And if I must use my bank account, can I 'detach' it from my PayPal account once I am officially verified?

Capture.PNG

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal considers a bank account as your primary funding source and a credit card as your backup funding source and as an additional form of ID. If you do link and confirm your bank account and then remove it - that's your option however, you may end up dealing with holds and reviews on your transactions - both inbound and outbound.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal considers a bank account as your primary funding source and a credit card as your backup funding source and as an additional form of ID. If you do link and confirm your bank account and then remove it - that's your option however, you may end up dealing with holds and reviews on your transactions - both inbound and outbound.

Login to Me Too

Bulldogg
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I'll have to accept PayPal's view although I don't agree with it. And I still think it's confusing for PayPal to say "Verified status Granted" if I am not, in fact, verified.

My only reason for wanting to be verified - really verified - is to be able to sell something online. Once it's sold my verification is out the door.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.