Where is Balance Manager -- need to cancel automatic bank transfer

lulu88
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the balance manager in the new board settings?  I can't find it, and need to cancel an automatic recurring bank transfer that goes from my bank to my paypal... Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

RebeliaKeo

Hello,

i too have been searching for this solution and through modified variations to Ashley and Christina instructions, I was able to find Balance Manager.

Here is what I did:

-Click on "Selling tools" (left side of the page)

-Click on "Manage money" under Tools and settings (right side of the page)

This is where it changed for me:

At the top left of the screen, I have these Icon options:

PayPal / Personal / Business / Send Request

I clicked on Personal, which gave a "drop down" menu with:

Pay on eBay / Pay on websites / Pay in apps Pay in stores / More ways to use us

I Clicked on "More ways to use us" and was taken to: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/about-paypal-products. 

I scrolled down to the bottom of page and found "Balance Manager", clicked on link and went to: 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/balance-manager.

From there I clicked on "Activate It Now" and was taken to the page where I can modify/ deactivate Balance Manger.

Hope this helps, not sure why the path is so different when we are all using the same websitre.  Personally, it feel that after new instructions are posted the path to get to this function speciality is altered for unknown reasons.

Thank you,

R

Login to Me Too

RAUKE57
New Community Member

Ashley - you published in 2014 how to find Balance Manager.  What you proposed then is no longer active.  When I follow your steps all I get is an advertising page for PayPal.  

Where is Balance Manager now?

Login to Me Too

kcregister
New Community Member

OMG!!!  This is ridiculously hard to find!  I just wasted 45 minutes of my life looking for this stupid link!  Don't use the "selling tools money market instructions" unless you are a seller and  want to invest your money in the PayPal Money Market Fund.  As of 11/5/2014, this is how you find this stupid, stupid, link (sorry I'm still P'Od that it is so hard to find).  See below:

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Classis Site (so stupid!)

Click on My Money under My Profile on the lefthand side of the page

On the next page you will see this teeny tiny down arrow next to your balance on the PayPal Balance line

Hover over that down arrow and you will see the stupid link to the stupid Balance Manager

I was going to increase my deposit $250 but now I'm not even sure if I want to, so stupid!!!......

Anywho, enjoy the instructions and thanks for letting me vent.

Login to Me Too

JeffroHome
Contributor
Contributor

I think they make it hard to find so people simply give up for now, then forget until next time they're bank account is hit.

Outside of Paypal NOT burying this option, or any other option that people cannot find (try figuring out setting up and using a sandbox account), at the VERY least the transaction that happens in your activity should have a link to "more info" which would have access to the balance manager.  OR use add a top nav link to "Balance Manager", or place a link in the footer for "Balance Manager", or place a link in the left column for "Balance Manager.

Why does paypal do these sort of things?  Then some people praise them for finally giving them the hidden path to finding these things?  When there shouldn't be a ton of people asking the same thing:  WHERE IS BALANCE MANAGER.  Stupid is as paypal does.

Login to Me Too

kskallen

this took me literallly an hour to find balance manager.  I was ON THE PHONE TO PAYPAL, and they had no idea what I was talking about.  smh 

Login to Me Too

BenPope

ChristinaWelch7's instructions still work as of 7/3/2015. PayPal seriously **bleep** this up though, and in the process **bleep** over some of their long-time users. What gives guys? And why have you been so thoroughly unhelpful?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everyone!

I'm really sorry to hear that the instructions previously provided are no longer working. 😞 We're still working to build Balance Manager into the New Experience and we apologize for any inconvenience that anyone's gone through trying to locate it.

To access Balance Manager, you can log into your PayPal account and paste this link into your browser:

www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_balance-manager

We appreciate all of your feedback and hope to have this resolved soon.

Thanks!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

WhatGoesUp
Contributor
Contributor

This does not work either.  It shows me a picture of where/how to turn this feature on, but on the Classic Site that no longer grants access to this option.

Login to Me Too

Justin1234
New Community Member

Ashley, that page just shows text. There are no buttons or instructions. Am I missing something here? This is all that page has on it.

Balance Manager

Now it's easier than ever to keep money in your PayPal account for instant online payments. Using your balance means there's no delay in sending your payment - so you can get your purchases faster. To activate Balance Manager, you'll need to link a bank account so you can transfer money to your PayPal account. Then choose from 2 setup options:

Schedule regular transfers

You choose the amount and the interval, and the money will automatically be transferred from your bank to your PayPal account. For example, you can transfer $100 every 2 weeks.

OR

Set a minimum amount

Simply choose a minimum, and when your balance drops below that amount, we'll automatically transfer money from your bank to your PayPal account. The refill level is up to you. For example, whenever your balance drops below $25, we can refill it to $100.

Here is a screenshot of what I see. http://imgur.com/1f8EUj6

Login to Me Too

weepingangel

I worked for PayPal for a long time and I used to be proud of it. Now I'm ashamed that the company cannot resolve this simple issue that's important to many users. 

Customer support, please file a P1 bug, this is a bug that impacts a major function.

For a couple years, users cannot find the balance manager, and now it's completely gone. Yet the email notification from PayPal tells users to click on something that doesn't exist!

Here's what I got in my email yesterday:

If you chose to turn off Balance Manager, you can turn it back on at any time. Just log in to your PayPal account and click Balance Manager: Activate.

Just like everyone else, I couldn't find it! *sigh*

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.