When purchasing, can I send a different email to vendor than I use for PayPal notifications?

Chris124
Contributor
Contributor

I love the convenience of useing PayPal for purchases because all my address info is provided.  However, this also provides my PayPal email address to the vendor.

I have a special email acct for PayPal and financial relationships that is not the email I provide vendors.  If I use PayPal to make a purchase I often end up with SPAM and clutter from the vendor.

It would be great to associate a secondary email address for vendors.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Chris124
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update...

PayPal is a great way to purchase online and checkout.  But because PayPal shares my "financial" email address with the vendor, about 30% to 50% of the time when I'd like to use PayPal, I'm forced to use my CC -- just so that I can control my email and the resulting spam.

I often end up having trouble with some vendors because they now know me by both my "financial" email and regular email.  It prevents them from associating transactions correctly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.