When can I remove bank account from Paypal?

Starfish1965
Contributor
Contributor

I made a last payment a few minutes ago.  Without Paypal funds, the money will be taken from the named bank account.  I tried to remove that account before closing my Paypal account but the message came up that they can't remove this bank account because of a pending transaction.  How long does it take for the transaction to complete?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Starfish1965

You would probably become non-verified again but if you had a card added as a funding source you may be able to use that.

If you funded paypal payments via bank account and not a card then any refunds would clear through to your paypal balance so that would be ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Starfish1965

''Up to'' a week.

BUT i would not close your account too quickly or there could be problems if you require a refund or need to open a dispute on recent transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Starfish1965
Contributor
Contributor

Can I remove the bank account, and therefore have no bank account with Paypal, and retain the Paypal account?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Starfish1965

You would probably become non-verified again but if you had a card added as a funding source you may be able to use that.

If you funded paypal payments via bank account and not a card then any refunds would clear through to your paypal balance so that would be ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.