What the heck is "You GOT money"

craftshowbook
Contributor
Contributor

Isn't "You GOT money" improper English?  I almost reported this as a spoof email the first time I received one!  Also, I can't hit the reply button on the email and send a "thank you" to the person who sent me the money anymore.  Instead, I have to log in to paypal and find the email address of who sent it.  Also, the street address of the person who sent me the money doesn't appear in the email anymore so I have to log in to get that too.  What a pain the new paypal is!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are you absolutely sure the email is from PayPal?

Do you have a record of the transaction in your PayPal account?

It wold seem likely a scam to get information from you when you click on the email link.

Login to Me Too

craftshowbook
Contributor
Contributor

It's real.  I make an item that I sell for $13 all year so I get $13 orders all the time.  When I started getting emails that said "You got money" instead of "John Smith sent you $13.00 USD" I was worried that they were scams but all of the orders are legitimate in my paypal account.  Just wondering why paypal made a change like this.  It's sounds so unprofessional.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Were there any clickable links in the email?

Was there a reference PayPal transaction nubmer?

Login to Me Too

craftshowbook
Contributor
Contributor

They are legitimate transactions.  They all have legitimate transaction IDs.  The money is in my account.  The people who sent the money are getting their purchase.  They are NOT scam transactions.  A few weeks ago, when paypal's website format changed, the emails changed.   Am I the only person that is now getting paypal emails with the subject "You got money"?  It's just their new subject line.  Poor, poor, poor choice of wording.

Poor Grammar.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.