What happened to travel plans?

TryingToTravel
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to travel plans?   I coudln't find it last year and still can't find it this year.    I mean telling PP when I will be out of the country so they will let me use PP from outside the country.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I still see it under Profile and Settings under My Settings:

paypal-travel-plans.png

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

TryingToTravel
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying.   I can get to https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/ but it doesn't look like what you have.  AIUI, not everyone has the same pages.

I don't know how to attach a screen image, but these are all the headings and options:

FirstName FamilyName

Joined in 2008

Update
Get PayPal.Me

Account options

+Add address

Address

You have 1 address.
Baltimore, MD 212xx

Primary address, Billing address

Manage all addresses
+Add email

Email

my email address

• Primary  

To update an email address, you must have at least two email addresses on file.
+Add phone

Phone

Select Update to manage communication preferences

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
It sounds like you're in the general section instead of the My Settings section specifically.

I see that you aren't using a business account (which shouldn't matter for this) but that will make the tabs a little different. For example, my address and everything is setup under "My Business Info" which is separate from "My Settings" where the travel plan options are available.

Make sure you check around in all the sections and you should be able to find in there somewhere.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

TryingToTravel
Contributor
Contributor

l called, with a one-time code, and I got  through at 8AM ET within 2 minutes, and first she gave me directions to go to Settings, Security, Travel Plans.

I said if there was Travel Plans under security, I wouldn't have to call.   She said Wait a second, and when she came back she said they no longer use travel notification.   Not for anyone, she said.

I forgot to mention that when I Search for   Travel Notification or Travel Plans, I get 10 hits, and none have anything to do with travel!!!!   That would be one possible place to tell people there are no more travel plans.   Also the page that used to have Travel Plans could now have an entry that says "no longer used".   And they could also email everyone.   But paypal isn't smart enough to thing of any of these things.

Paypal is so **bleep** up.

I'm going to try to buy something when I'm abroad next month, and I'll bet it doesn't work because I didnt file travel plans.

Even if there is no way to file them, I'll bet it still doesn't work.   The program will hunt for them, get an error, and cancel my purchase.   What do you want to bet?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.