What happen to the old classic view as an option?

Mett
Contributor
Contributor

There use to be a link in the lower left on the page to go back to the original classic look/view. 
I hate all this new fluff. it;s all very counter productive and illogical. 

Just like windows moving everything around to make it easier. Got to love that one. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

On 15 Oct 2016 I tried the link and it worked, but it's gone now.  It was found with a click on contact at the bottom of the page and all the way to the bottom of the contact page it was at the lower left.

It's gone now.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

we have to get used to this new format,it is meant for the web stores , brick and mortar stores,not indvidual sellers. 

They accept credit cards with Paypal Here,they apply for PAYPAL line of credit,they dont check activities many times a day,in the evening charges are batched and sent to  the credit card network and proceeds are deposited in their bank account the next day.

They or their accountants work with monthly/weekly/annual reports and  do their bookeeping,file tax returns and remit sales tax collected to the state.

If you have a business account in company name,just be prepared one day they could restrict your account and ask for documents which you may not be able to produce.

we have to tread carefully and not step on any Paypal landmine.

Login to Me Too

Mett
Contributor
Contributor

I dont see how the new format is made from brick and mortar  stores? I think the old format of the pages were far easier to use so it would be easier for stores. 
I think it is just keeping up with the jones. The fluffy look is what is in the web, so everyone has to be on board. 

New does not mean better. You don't see the excel sheet in MS changing, as it is FUNCTIONAL. Some would change the boarders to be more complex, and the entire scheme, but the idea is to get work done, not make it look purty. 

By the way,, I am starting a business HerpZillA,, and I prefer the old look. MUCH prefer. 

Tom

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Mett

From the very start of the new site I've commented to PayPal many times about my dislike for the silly icons rather than real text for for people read English.  The old format was well laid out with a certain hierarchy of design; it was made for functionality.  The new one is made for looks and to show off how much designer/devlopers could showcase their graphic skills, not usability/functional design skills.

One of my theories on such "improvements" is that a company (not just PayPal) hires a new marketing direct and the new market direct has to do something to prove worth so his/her boss can justify tne new position to the next level up.  That's what businesses.

It happens in product developement, also, as new product manager has to create new products for self justification.

We can complain all we want, but, in the end, we have no option other than use the new design filled with idiot icons.

Now back to real work.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.