Variables for Paypal Shopping Cart

basimah
Contributor
Contributor

After a long day researching this subject I couldn't quite find a solution to my question today. I'd like to offer a 5% off if one buys 2 items and 10% off if one buys 3 or more items in my very small store (bellydanceland.com/shop). I found info on how to use variables for my add to cart buttons but it didn't quite work as they apply only to each individual product. 

So I'd like to know if there's a way to apply these discounts to the total order. Or if anyone has another idea on how I can get that accomplished.

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Cart discounts in PayPal as opposed to item, unfortunately, requires your own or third party customized shopping cart that tallies the discounts etc of the cart, and then allows checkout through PayPal the final total.  You can google for third party carts that do discounts function prior to payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

basimah
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help. Would you be able to suggest a simple and free (preferably) cart solution for a quick implementation? I'm not a programmer but have reasonable html understanding. I've only found Woo Commerce but it requires a wordpress platform.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.