Using Pay Pal with Multinational Bank Accounts

Matt_Cole
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to associate your Pay Pal account with bank accounts in multiple countries, for example UK and NZ?

I setup my Pay Pal account in UK and would now like to use it in NZ.

Certainly, would like to be able to move funds back to UK or NZ bank accounts as needed.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Matt_Cole

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

The only exception is U.S users can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Matt_Cole

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

The only exception is U.S users can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Crabby2380
Contributor
Contributor

Not a great solution for your international customers PayPal. 

I live in Germany and want to add my UK and German cards to my account. As I can't do this you are saying I need to create another account on the German language site (I don't speak German) and I need to hold two accounts. Not great. 

James

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crabby2380

I can only give you the facts as they stand, I don't make paypal policy.

But if you want me to tell you that yes its fine you don't have to make another account then I will do so, it will be wrong but if it is what you want to hear then happy to oblige.

Oh and your welcome, glad I gave up some of my weekend to post a reply to try and help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Crabby2380
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't ask you to reply. I was aiming my comment at PayPal. Go back to enjoying your weekend. You're a great ambassador for PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crabby2380

Thats original    Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Matt_Cole
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the posts in response.  This matches a direct communication also received from the PayPal team that in general the route advised is to open a country specific account with country specific contact and bank details.

The rationale given is that this is a good solution to cater for the differences in regulatory environments between countries.

It seems we have found the answer - separate accounts in each country are the advised route.

Great to see the support in the community on this topic - hugely helpful - many thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Matt_Cole

Yep as paypal is country specific due to the differing banking rules and regs per country then a country specific paypal account is the way to go    Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

karen4
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so if I want to set up a country-specific account in my new country of resience (U.S.), how do I go about it?  Every time I try to "sign up", Paypal recognises me as a U.K. user and directs me to its U.K. sites.

I would be equally happy, by the way, to add my U.S. bank account to my U.K. Paypal account, and it sounds from the exchange above as though this might be possible.  I can't see any way of doing this though, given that in order to add a new bank account you have to provide a Sort Code, which isn't how U.S. bank accounts are set up.  I've tried changing my primary address first, but that doesn't work either as I'm asked to change my bank account first.

Any help welcome - thanks!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.