Unique Situation No Phone

69charger
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community. I have no phone whatsoever since 2002 and it appears my PayPal account is jammed up so Im unable to purchase on eBay without a phone number now.  I have everything else required. Is there a way around having no phone and still being able to do business here? 

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Solution:  you need a phone.  There is no way to circumvent this requirement for security.

Login to Me Too

69charger
Contributor
Contributor

The problem has resolved itself like magic as I did nothing except post here.

Now Im able to freely spend from my account balance no cell phone required. 

Login to Me Too

69charger
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Yes its a sad day when PayPal refuses to allow me to spend my money in my current balance unless a cell phone is affixed to my skull. I have provided a bank account, social security number, two debit cards, a picture of my drivers licence, and my brothers land line home phone in the same building that I live. That is not good enough. My only choice is to rifile any funds that appear in my account from eBay auctions into my bank account and spend it elsewhere with freedom. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what about those internet phones,??

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

or those cheap cell phones ,which comes with x number of free minutes,I saw them as low as 7.99 .

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I envy you,no phone,why have a phone?

Login to Me Too

69charger
Contributor
Contributor

It should not be a requirement to own a cell phone in order to spend my money. I provided more than enough info to prove its me. Funny thing, how am I going to pay my bill on eBay for listing fees when PayPal wont allow me to spend my money lol. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can pay your EBAY bills by using  a credit card or even send them a check.

but to sell on Ebay,you have to accept credit cards ,which means if no paypal account,then you have to get your own merchant account to accept credit cards,and buyers usually prefer PAYPAL .

I doubt if PAYPAL checks to see if your phone is still connected after you apply for one just to use it to open an account,like I said I see those 7.99 cell phones for sale in supermarkets ,it may give you free minutes.

Login to Me Too

69charger
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal account is working great to receive monies. The problem however is not being able to send the funds anywhere except to my bank.  Shouldnt it be harder to receive money rather than send it? I can pay my eBay fees through my bank after it has transfered to that account from my PayPal account. Does that make any sense?  Its all the same company I just dont get it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.