Unable to transfer to debit card? Any Academy Bank users here also?

smeseke

So I got a new account through academy bank. Went to add it on here and instead of type showing as Credit or Debit, it would always show as undefined  and I was unable to transfer money instantly to it like my other debit cards.

So after about 15 calls with paypal (no joke) I got them to make it show up as Debit. Still cant transfer.

Called paypal and they said my bank is blocking it or doesnt allow electoric transfers. Which is odd because paypal sent to Pre Auth codes to the Debit card, which I confirmed twice. Called the bank and they are not blocking anything from paypal and this debit card should work as any other. So now im stuck cause I hate calling paypal support. 

So does anyone know why this is? Any Academy customers have this problem?

Appreciate any answers and if I cant get anywhere I will try support again.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

not every bank debit card is in the network.

Login to Me Too

smeseke

Wouldnt paypal just say that then? They keep blaming it on the bank blocking them.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you are talking to  a clerk

we have never seen a list of banks in the network,so if your card is not even considered debit or credit,it just tell me it does not recognise it.

use another card,dont waste your time calling.

Login to Me Too

smeseke

Yeah thats not a solution. They were able to take MONEY OUT of my account and put it back in so yeah Paypal clearly recognizes it as a debit card. Seems to function as one correct?

I appreciate your time, but if you dont have a real answer other  than "try something else" (who says that by the way? geez try and help your customer) please move along. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

try something else is a real pragmatic solution ,you want things to go your way but it is not working.

you can keep trying and trying ,till the cow comes home,Paypal has a lot of problems,with its debit card,credit card,PAD,ISIS,etc etc.

good luck to you/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.