Unable to set primary address

Mhenricks
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to change my primary address. Each time I do this, I get an error message that says "Please try again." I try again, and get the same error message. I have gone through the help files, checked the community posts, called Help and emailed Help. All I get is the instructions on how to change the primary address. I know how to do this. The problem is that when I follow the process, it doesn't work. I get an error message that says "Please try again." How canI change my primary address?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Mhenricks
Contributor
Contributor

@Bartleswrote:

I had this same problem and eventually solved it by adding a new address that was a duplicate of the address I wanted as the primary.  Instead of adding a new address it replaced the old one and I was able to select it as the new primary.

I tried this, with the added step of clicking the box that said to make the new address my primary address when I added it. To recap: I added a new address that was identical to the existing address that I have been unsuccessfully trying to make my primary address. After typing this duplicate address on the page for adding a new address, I clicked the box that said to make this my primary address. This resulted in the new address being designated as my primary address. Problem solved. Thanks, Bartles!

d. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Argon0639
New Community Member
This worked like a charm! Kept saying "Please try again" no matter whether I tried to delete the old address or make the new one primary. Completely stupid that we have to trick PayPal to update our addresses... Awesome solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.