Unable to set primary address

Mhenricks
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to change my primary address. Each time I do this, I get an error message that says "Please try again." I try again, and get the same error message. I have gone through the help files, checked the community posts, called Help and emailed Help. All I get is the instructions on how to change the primary address. I know how to do this. The problem is that when I follow the process, it doesn't work. I get an error message that says "Please try again." How canI change my primary address?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Bartles

I had this same problem and eventually solved it by adding a new address that was a duplicate of the address I wanted as the primary.  Instead of adding a new address it replaced the old one and I was able to select it as the new primary.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mhenricks

Primary physical address?

Primary email address?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

If you're referring to your primary email address - try this:

To update an email address, you must have at least two email addresses on file.

Login to your account.

* Click on the Gear icon.
* Click on the "+" in the Email box.
* Enter your new email address.
* Click "Add Email"

* You will need to confirm the new email - once you've done that, you can make it the Primary and delete the old email.

Login to Me Too

Mhenricks
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I know how to do it. It's just not working. I am not trying to set a primary email address, but the primary address. When I do the procedure, I get an error message to "Try again later" and nothing happens.

Login to Me Too

AnolisAL
New Community Member

Same thing for me. Tried to delete an old address, which requires you to set a new primary address, and it just says "Please Try Again" endlessly.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnolisAL

@Mhenricks

You won't be able to change a physical addy if you have not changed it on your billing information as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mhenricks
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. How do I change the address on my billing information? When I search help for "how do I change the address on my billing information," I get this:

• How do I edit the billing address linked to my card?

Here's how you can change the billing address for your debit or credit card: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click the card to update. Click Update card. Enter the required information and click Update Card.

This does  not work. When I click Wallet and the card I want to update, there is no "Update card" to click.

• How do I change my street address?

Here's how to update your address. Click the  Settings icon next to "Log out." Click Manage all addresses in the "Address" section. Click Update under the address you want to change. Enter your changes and click Update

When I attempt to update address I am unable to change the primary address. I have two addresses, an old one and the new one I want to be my primary address. When I click the button on the new one to make it my primary address, I get "Please try again later." I have been trying again later for days.

Login to Me Too

Zanarkand

Anyone at Paypal have this figured out?? I'm getting the "Please try again" error every time. Tried everything.

Login to Me Too

user765
New Community Member

Exact same thing happens to me. Attaching screenshot.Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 7.42.17 PM.png

Login to Me Too
Solved

Bartles

I had this same problem and eventually solved it by adding a new address that was a duplicate of the address I wanted as the primary.  Instead of adding a new address it replaced the old one and I was able to select it as the new primary.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.