Unable to link savings account?

drej_0z
Contributor
Contributor

I've already got my bank checking account and a couple of cards linked to Paypal.

As of the past four or five days, I've been trying to link my savings account with the same bank to Paypal. I don't use any of the banks listed, so it takes me to the page where it has me enter the account number and the routing number. When I select "savings", it won't uncheck the bubble for "checking', leaving both of them checked. 

Once I enter the routing and account numbers, I get the following from Paypal (word for word):

Sorry, but we need more information from you. Please try to <a href="/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-ach">link your bank</a> again.

Is the website broken or something? I had no issue setting up my bank to begin with, so I'm not sure why it's not letting me set up the account. I've tried clearing cookies, and I've attempted to add the savings account on two different computers and a tablet, as well as my phone. Same message. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Oatburner
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue, where it does not uncheck the Checking button. However, I am able to proceed after entering the routing/account numbers, but it lists it as a checking account afterwards.

Login to Me Too

drej_0z
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, mine still won't let me proceed after the routing/account numbers. This is kind of a crucial, odd thing for them to overlook.

Login to Me Too

Severson123
New Community Member

I had this exact problem. It has something to do with the new layout of Paypal and some of the coding. The error it's giving you actually give you the URL of the page it's trying to load. Once you are logged in, go to: www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-ach and it will bring you to the 'classic' version which has all the same features but works correctly :).

Login to Me Too

theresamaggio
Contributor
Contributor

I give my account number and routing number for my savings account at a small local credit union. But the two small amounts that PayPal sends to my account never show up in my account transactions. I am out of the country and really need to access to access my savings account. Grrr-rrr.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.