Unable to add mobile number to my account

kulkul
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am unable to add mobile number to my account. My mobile number is [Personal information removed due to privacy concerns]. How do i add to my account. Can you help me please.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go to: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/

Click the + to add phone number.

Add the number and select Mobile.

Then read the on screen instructions/info and other options to select.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

digistar4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone

I am having a similar problem in trying to get my mobile phone number verified. I have a very old Nokia 7370 mobile phone (please don't laugh everyone -- I cannot afford a brand new Smartphone because I am out of work at the moment!). Anyway, I input my mobile phone number 07960 *** *** (rest of number "encrypted" for security and privacy reasons) and choose the "Confirm" option in the "Phone Number" section of my PayPal profile.

The text "Confirm your phone number. We have texted you a confirmation code. For security reasons, the code expires in 15 minutes."

Now surely, it should take (at the most) about 1-2 minutes for me to receive the text message after choosing the "Confirm" option. In my case yesterday afternoon, it must have taken about half an hour for me to receive the text message! Just what is going on?

Other text messages I request from Web sites never take that long to arrive, so it cannot be a case of my handset being too old to receive text messages quickly. I also told PayPal Technical Support about this yesterday afternoon, but the staff didn't sound too sympathetic about my problem.

So if anyone else has had this sort of problem (even with a modern up-to-date Smartphone), can they please let me know ASAP?

Thanks.

Alastair C Parker

Login to Me Too

Deborah-S
New Community Member

I am having a similar problem getting my mobile phone number verified. I have a new smartphone (Apple iPhone). After I click on the PayPal webpage icon requesting that a verification code be sent to me phone, it takes more than 15 minutes for the message with the code to show up on my phone (sometimes longer). Since according to the PayPal webpage instructions the code expires 15 minutes after being sent, I'm never able to get my mobile phone number verified. Would welcome suggestions as to what is going on here and how I can get my mobile phone number verified.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@digistar4 wrote:

Hi everyone

I am having a similar problem in trying to get my mobile phone number verified. I have a very old Nokia 7370 mobile phone (please don't laugh everyone -- I cannot afford a brand new Smartphone because I am out of work at the moment!). Anyway, I input my mobile phone number 07960 *** *** (rest of number "encrypted" for security and privacy reasons) and choose the "Confirm" option in the "Phone Number" section of my PayPal profile.

The text "Confirm your phone number. We have texted you a confirmation code. For security reasons, the code expires in 15 minutes."

Now surely, it should take (at the most) about 1-2 minutes for me to receive the text message after choosing the "Confirm" option. In my case yesterday afternoon, it must have taken about half an hour for me to receive the text message! Just what is going on?

Other text messages I request from Web sites never take that long to arrive, so it cannot be a case of my handset being too old to receive text messages quickly. I also told PayPal Technical Support about this yesterday afternoon, but the staff didn't sound too sympathetic about my problem.

So if anyone else has had this sort of problem (even with a modern up-to-date Smartphone), can they please let me know ASAP?

Thanks.

Alastair C Parker

I ain't laughin'.  I'm right there with you with the old phone.  But I've never tried to register a mobile number.  Too many problems with it.  And if you end up changing phones and forget to change it for PayPal and no longer have access to the number and/or you forget password or traveling or moving overseas, you can get locked out of your account.  No thank you.

My phone was so old that the provider had to upgrade my phone to work with 3G because it was a 2G phone. lol  When they mailed me the new phone to me finally, I fell and totally broke my ankle going down a flight stairs to accept delivery of stupid phone.  Had to have the surgery for the first time in my life, the whole nine yards.  Phones are a PITA!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

joemamma83
New Community Member

Why hasn't paypal responded to this. My problem is that they never send the text. I've tried my number and my wife's to no avail. It's driving me crazy because it's something so simple that has worked on many other sites. Please answer, please paypal!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal doesn't repond to specific account problems on the forum.  If you want a response from PayPal you need to contact PayPal directly, best by phone, so an agent can look at your account details.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.